• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

mtullis

Looks like this chapter is close to ending:jumpin: and I would like to thank swiss and zout again for all their hard work. :goodjob:

On a side note my wife just made fun of me for using the :jumpin: " Y'all use bouncy things".

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like this chapter is close to ending:jumpin: and I would like to thank swiss and zout again for all their hard work. :goodjob:
Not so fast, going to start working on the license plate law changes to match Michigan where we do not have to display them but have them in the truck :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not so fast, going to start working on the license plate law changes to match Michigan where we do not have to display them but have them in the truck :)
I know I'm wrong but I do that now. I just keep the tag with registration and ins card in the glove box. I've never been questioned about it but you are correct, we need to get it right.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I know I'm wrong but I do that now. I just keep the tag with registration and ins card in the glove box. I've never been questioned about it but you are correct, we need to get it right.
Same here.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The count says, 37,000 views of this thread at 10:22 eastern on 3/18/14 with a total of 967 posts.

SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you head off in that direction, check out Florida's law.320.086 Ancient or antique motor vehicles; horseless carriage, antique, or historical license plates; former military vehicles.—(1) The owner of a motor vehicle for private use manufactured in 1945 or earlier, equipped with an engine manufactured in 1945 or earlier or manufactured to the specifications of the original engine, and operated on the streets and highways of this state shall, upon application in the manner and at the time prescribed by the department and upon payment of the license tax for an ancient motor vehicle prescribed by s.*320.08(1)(d), (2)(a), or (3)(e), be issued a special license plate for such motor vehicle. The license plate shall be permanent and valid for use without renewal so long as the vehicle is in existence. In addition to the payment of all other fees required by law, the applicant shall pay such fee for the issuance of the special license plate as may be prescribed by the department commensurate with the cost of its manufacture. The registration numbers and special license plates assigned to such motor vehicles shall run in a separate numerical series, commencing with “Horseless Carriage No. 1,” and the plates shall be of a distinguishing color.(2)(a) The owner of a motor vehicle for private use manufactured after 1945 and of the age of 30 years or more after the date of manufacture, equipped with an engine of the age of 30 years or more after the date of manufacture, and operated on the streets and highways of this state may, upon application in the manner and at the time prescribed by the department and upon payment of the license tax prescribed by s.*320.08(1)(d), (2)(a), or (3)(e), be issued a special license plate for such motor vehicle. In addition to the payment of all other fees required by law, the applicant shall pay the fee for the issuance of the special license plate prescribed by the department, commensurate with the cost of its manufacture. The registration numbers and special license plates assigned to such motor vehicles shall run in a separate numerical series, commencing with “Antique No. 1,” and the plates shall be of a distinguishing color. The owner of the motor vehicle may, upon application and payment of the license tax prescribed by s.*320.08, be issued a regular Florida license plate or specialty license plate in lieu of the special “Antique” license plate.(b) Motor vehicles licensed under this section which have been issued a permanent license plate prior to October 1, 1999, shall maintain such plate unless the vehicle is transferred to a new owner. Motor vehicles licensed under this section which have been issued a “Collectible” license plate prior to October 1, 1999, may retain that license plate until the next regularly scheduled replacement.(3) The owner of an ancient or antique firefighting apparatus, former military vehicle, or other historical motor vehicle 30 years old or older which is used only in exhibitions, parades, or public display may, upon application in the manner and at the time prescribed by the department and upon payment of the license tax prescribed by s.320.08(2)(a), be issued a license plate as prescribed in subsection (1) or subsection (2). License plates issued under this subsection shall be permanent and valid for use without renewal as long as the vehicle is in existence and its use is consistent with this subsection.(4) Any person who is the registered owner of a motor vehicle as defined in this section and manufactured in the model year 1974 or earlier may apply to the department for permission to use a historical Florida license plate that clearly represents the model year of the vehicle as a personalized prestige license plate. This plate shall be furnished by such person and shall be presented to the department with a reasonable fee to be determined by the department for approval and for authentication that the historic license plate and any applicable decals were issued by this state in the same year as the model year of the car or truck. The requirements of s.*320.0805(8)(b) do not apply to historical plates authorized under this subsection.(5) A former military vehicle that is used only in exhibitions, parades, or public display is exempt from the requirement to display a license plate or registration insignia if the exemption is necessary to maintain the vehicle’s accurate military markings. However, the license plate and registration certificate issued under this section must be carried within the vehicle and available for inspection by any law enforcement officer.(6) For purposes of this section, “former military vehicle” means a vehicle, including a trailer, regardless of the vehicle’s size, weight, or year of manufacture, that was manufactured for use in any country’s military forces and is maintained to represent its military design and markings accurately.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some interesting reading for for those of you that may not have seen the bill and more importantly the summary document that I used to explain why the changes in the bill were needed and correct. I have alot more background docs that can be used for other states who are looking to make changes and once I figure out a good place to post will start loading these documents up.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I hope that everyone who comes to the Ga Rally this year will take the time to search for Zout and Swiss and personally thank them for their efforts in this epic saga.

What they accomplished typically takes years of effort and there's never a guarantee of success.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two more pages and 25 odd posts and we are over a hundred pages and thousand posts in one thread. Are those other amazing records we broke?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last minute history for those that missed it:
House Rep Ramsey introduced SB 392 before the Rules Comittee Monday the 17th.
Shows the House Chairman putting it on the House floor agenda to be voted on (today)

House Chairman introducing SB 392 today
House Rep Epps introducing and yielding the floor for questions - 1st was about insurance and HE told him to go talk to SWBRADlY as there has already been a thread about this (hahahhahaha)
Do not know the name of the second house rep who actually and politely answered the Insurance question for House Rep Epps - but there was still something about I will ban you if you ask again (from SWBRADLEY)

Went up for vote along with House rep Ramsey ammendment which was very simple - and the tally says - YA ALL PASS GEORGIANSView attachment 483402View attachment 483403View attachment 483404View attachment 483405View attachment 483406View attachment 483407View attachment 483408View attachment 483409View attachment 483410

Funny one Dave.......

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a history of SB 392 for those who have not yet had a chance to review the details of the bill.

Actions

• Mar 18, 2014: House Passed/Adopted As Amended
  • Mar 18, 2014: House Third Readers
  • Mar 11, 2014: House Committee Favorably Reported
  • Mar 5, 2014: House Second Readers
  • Mar 4, 2014: House First Readers
  • Mar 3, 2014: Senate Passed/Adopted
  • Mar 3, 2014: Senate Third Read
  • Feb 26, 2014: Senate Read Second Time
  • Feb 25, 2014: Senate Committee Favorably Reported
  • Feb 20, 2014: Senate Read and Referred
  • Feb 19, 2014: Senate Hopper

Votes

Vote DateDescriptionYeasNaysNot
Voting
Excused
Mar 3, 2014PASSAGE (Senate)48026
Mar 18, 2014PASSAGE (House)172062

- See more at: http://legislativenavigator.myajc.com/#bills/SB/392

poppop

I was pulled over in the M813 by DOT and told to display my tag and put my farm name on the doors so he would know who I was. Of course I had explained lack of CDL as I was a Farmer and allowed to drive hauling my own stuff without a CDL.

Last edited:

hardimpact

I took the 5 ton out for a victory lap yesterday. while fueling I let an 8yr old kid climb in and his mom took pictures, with wide eyes he said "this is the best day of my life!!" I cant wait to get my tag and make this totally legal! Thanks Again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks