• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SB 392 passed at 1433 EDT, 1333 CDT, 1233 MDT and 1133 PDT. Not sure about AZ as they don't move the clocks forward.

I have to admit, it was spellbinding watching the debate and vote live. I know a few folks had a lot riding on this bill passing into law, and I hope that the last hurdle will be a small one.

zout

I do not know how the rest of you feel about this so I will type it just like I am thinking it like I normally do anyhow.

As this thread is dwindling down and only requires the posting of the Governor of Georgia signing the Bill SB 392 into Law I would personally like EVERYONE who had any participation by either calling - e mailing - donating (please do not enter $) but a FULL and COMPLETE record here for everyone to see in years ahead of ALL who helped make this happen from the background.

No need to enter what you did - just as long as you participated (and I do not mean just thinking about wanting to do something without an effort - you know what I mean).

Just click on reply and enter your name - not login name please. There are many silent in the background that should be recognized in this please.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did not donate any money because I am broke.

I did call and email my State Senator, Frank Ginn and voice my support. He actually called me back after it had passed the Senate.

I emailed all of House Rules Committee members, other than the ones Swiss posted as supporters. This took about 4 hours one morning since I couldn't paste all their email addresses in at once-I had to individually copy and paste each and every address. I got back between 6-12 emails saying to use a different acct. because the "official" one wasn't the one they used, for a # of reasons.

I called and emailed my House Representative as well and voiced my support for the bill.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Donated $$$
Read many pages of documents that Zout sent me
Watched/listened to many hours of the GA Senate and House, waiting for the vote to come up. I sit a desk most of the the day and have access to the web.
I didn't call or email as I am not part of the "official" GA Mafia

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-I worked with Zout to understand the problem he was having registering the BMY
-Opened the Rolodex, made calls to key contacts to investigate and understand the problem,
-Got answers that it is a legal problem from the DMV and Governors Office
-Formulated game plan from information at hand
-Called in a favor from our Lobbyist to get the process started
-Met with Sponsoring Senator multiple times to get support and education on the problem
-Wrote multiple documents summarizing problem
-Initialized Fund Raising Efforts, setup accounts etc.
-Wrote Initial draft of what became SB392
-Reviewed and changed drafts from legislative counsel until the bill was correct
-Attended Senate Transportation Committee to get SB 392 started down the road
-Attended House Motor Vehicles Committee Meeting
-E-Mailed all committee members and members at each step
-Made phone calls to committee members
-Coordinated/communicated all Lobby Activity
-Tried to keep everyone in the loop

whewwwww

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Parker
Sent money, emailed senators, emailed rule committees, email Ga House members in the local area(even though I live in SC, I felt like I had a vested interest in this process as those of us in SC can point at Ga if we ever have a problem with DMV in SC).

Glad it worked out well, and we beat the odd makers. Maybe we should have gone to Vegas, and placed a bet or two.

And Warthog, maybe we can vote at Zout's picnic, and make you the horse wangler for the GA Mafia............

zout

Non members that helped me by calling or e mailing whom they could and when they could:

Dale - owner Harris Trailer repair
Ed & Doug at East Coast Trailers in Charlotte NC
Steve Flynn - Flynn Distributing (my detail soap friend)
Dennis and Sandy Taylor
Allan Hasting - phone parts room at Rush Truck in Atlanta - and his immediate family (all of them participated)
Tony Brown - operations manager for our OTR operations and some of Atlanta Drivers
Tracy at TNT truck parts in Atlanta
Ricky from Southern Tire Mart here in Atlanta
Randy from Cummins South
Larry Mathis operations manager for our Augusta Terminal - and his dispatcher Tom and all his drivers
Danny McClellan operations manager for our Douglas Terminal and almost all of his drivers
I know Bud did as well who is Dinger65 here but he'll never jump on to admit he did
Zout 2 at Tony Morgan State Farm Agency along with many of the folks who work participated
Ed Valiket owner of E&V Engineering in Howard City Mich

I want to thank them all as well - these are folks behind the scene for us. Some of these folks come to the cookout.

o1951

George Bottinor

PM'd every Georgia SS member that I could find asking them to call Georgia state senators to support SB 392.

E-mailed Rules committee and then GA state senators in support of SB 392

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary Caines
Donated money
Called and e-mailed my State Senator
Had 26 friends and family call and e-mail their State Senator
Called and e-mailed everyone on Senate Transportation Committee
Had 16 friends and family members call and e-mail Senate Transportation Committee members
Called and e-mailed my House representative
Called and e-mailed everyone on House Committee
Called and e-mailed everyone on Rules Committee
Had 11 friends and family call and e-mail Rules Committee members
Had 11 friends and family call and e-mail House representative

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
George Bottinor

PM'd every Georgia SS member that I could find asking them to call Georgia state senators to support SB 392.

E-mailed Rules committee and then GA state senators in support of SB 392
George reached out to help and then after getting the assignment, really went out of his way to look up all the GA members from the SS map and then send out PM's. Here we thought everyone was reading this thread but George's actions showed that we were wrong to assume!

Thanks George! Big Salute

zout

Dave Engebretsen
Started this morning by sending Swiss a saved e mail of many of when this all began just to bring him back to the beginning.

I still need to work off part of my donated money on another of Swiss's projects so its not over for me yet
Warthog can tell just how many files I read and saved and probably just as many not saved for documentation to back what I believed was wrong - did not know what was wrong to be denied in the beginning to not get a Title an Registration but I soon found out and had no clue how to approach it except taking no for an answer and not fixing this legally was not an option.

SO - up stood SWISS. From there all I did was try to stay out of the way and in the background - sometimes more than not I kind of got on his nerve - I just have a full attack balls to the wall approach when I know something is wrong and what I think should be an easy answer to fix it - thank him for his patience having to deal with me - he gets the first hug from my sister at the cookout.

Made all calls of the entire lists - backed those up with e mails and more calls.
Just did what I was asked to do from that point on and watched just like the rest of you outstanding members and friends did.

You folks deserve all the credit for this not me - Swiss is ##1 and you folks fall right in line.
I am gald its almost over and now we will be able to LEGALLY Title - Register - Drive our trucks along with the proper insurance for what they are and not having to deal with anything morally and legally wrong.

I did e mail Senator Gooch also today and thanked him for his support and hard work as well.

DO NOT be surprised if there is a container at my cookout to help pay off what is owed for folks support and work.

SALUTE SWISS - awesome hard work. Salute Members.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks