• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

undysworld

I have been watching some of the activity for the last day in the house and the senate today and WOW there are a lot of Bills that are going to die for 2014.
Swiss,

Most bills die before passage. You should ask your legislator's office what the percentage of proposed bills that pass actually is in GA. Here's a national map: https://www.billtrack50.com/blog/election/comparing-state-legislatures-by-counting-bills/

All the more reason to appreciate your accomplishment.

zout

For those missing and coming in late to the close of this thread - please just sign in with your name (not login name) if you participated in anyway of making this historic event happen here in Ga - just stick your ole name in under reply to thread and lets get a count if all reply and wish to participate - this thread will live a long time here and some of us will be gone and others will be able to check this out to see the hard work YOU ALL took place in making happen. Add whatever you like to the post but at least throw out your real name - if you wish to reply WHY of your story to help feel free to.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Andrew Tracy
Donated
Emailed
Called
Had a face to face meeting
Tried to help out with a few technical issues here and there
Pushed button, got banana.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Bariou
SS Chaplain
- Prayer Intercessor
- OP/Author of the Texas FMV LAWS Thread - I understand that it was referenced early in the process.
(My many hours of research, consultation, reporting and commentary seem well invested now, even beyond the borders of this great State of Texas.)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Bariou
SS Chaplain
- Prayer Intercessor
- OP/Author of the Texas FMV LAWS Thread - I understand that it was referenced early in the process.
(My many hours of research, consultation, reporting and commentary seem well invested now, even beyond the borders of this great State of Texas.)
John Yes Sir, great thread that you started and provided a lot of good background and ideas on our problems in Georgia. Thank YOU!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kent Burgess
Donated
Emailed
Called
Worried
Mr TWM was also a great cheerleader along with PapaBear! When things got heated sometimes, TWM would provide much needed insight and relief. Now the bigger problem is that he is painting the wood on his WC :(

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Yes Sir, great thread that you started and provided a lot of good background and ideas on our problems in Georgia. Thank YOU!
Swiss,
When I started researching the information that would become that thread, I was selfishly motivated to get it right with our own MV(s). I was led to share my research with the SS family, and thus the thread was born. Biblically speaking, I cast those seeds to the wind. It does my heart good that some seed landed in the fertile ground of Georgia.
Glad to be helpful.
John

Carry on.

zout

While your all signing in to stick you names on the thread - thought I would throw a couple more links up to look at to make it part of this thread - first is your hard work and you will probably recognize a lot of these names YOU contacted:

2013-2014 Regular Session
[SB 392]

House Vote #804 (PASSAGE)
Yea (Y): 172Nay (N): 0Not Voting (-): 6Excused (E): 2​

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I do not live in GA but I realize all the vary hard work Swiss and Zout did to get all of this from start to finish. Great job by all and THANK YOU! [thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mr TWM was also a great cheerleader along with PapaBear! When things got heated sometimes, TWM would provide much needed insight and relief. Now the bigger problem is that he is painting the wood on his WC :(
Well then he won't ever be able to register the truck in Georgia.

SB 392 clearly states: "Any former military vehicle which had pretty wood floors will be denied registration/title in the State of Georgia if said pretty wood floors have been painted over".
The Bill goes on to state: "Any former military vehicles with painted over pretty wooden floors are subject to impoundment and being auctioned to a party who will recondition the floors and allow the natural wood grain to show".

Attachments

zout

Teach him for not reading the Bill and he worked so hard to get his truck NOT to pass.

I find it hard to believe TWM could not get a fake panzy od green insert just to satisfy the nit pickers and just do what he knows is right by clearing the wood - take it out to one of his fancy show places and toss in the look like green insert just to fake em all out - then just pull it out when back home just so it really looks good again !!!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are absolutely right. Georgia folks do not retire and move to the north. They are much smarter than that. They move to Texas!!!

:deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks