• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lego M35

runk

World war brick 2013

For anyone in Minneapolis or nearby, saw this on one of the LEGO related websites -

World War Brick is a gathering of hobbyists and fans dedicated to modeling historical and military-related scenes, vehicles, and weaponry using LEGO® brand bricks.*† WWB is presented by Brickmania, BrickArms, GI Brick plus additional sponsors, exhibitors and fans.

WORLD WAR BRICK 2013

WWB 2013 is scheduled for the weekend of June 28-30 and will take place at the Brickmania Toyworks in Minneapolis, Minnesota. There will be more than 10,000 square feet made available for activities, displays, collaborations and of course products for sale from Brickmania, BrickArms, GI Brick and others who seek to expand and enrich the building experience.

http://worldwarbrick.com/

TMNT

That looks pretty cool. I wish it was closer but as it is, MN is a long way from home.

Michael built another one and a cool display for it. I'm sure he would do well in MN if we could get there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371507741.101950.jpg

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ASSUME that this newly renovated L-M35-A2 will be at the rally this year???
Michael, you do understand that you have a reputation and an obligation to let the truck make another showing?
It was really cool last year to see it sitting on the fender of your dad's truck, just like a proud papa.

TMNT

Michael says thank you, Squirt-Truck. And yes, you assume correctly. That truck and a collection of other MV Lego creations will be at the rally. He has a couple of Lego towable howitzers built (a 105mm and a 155mm), and some other stuff to bring.

zout

Everytime I see these http://www.makerbot.com/ it makes me keep thinkin of his awesome lego trucks he brings along. I have seen some of these in the low spectrum of $800 - but I am sure your giving up some quality with them. Check out some of the
things these babies do - I had seen the one a few years back Jay Leno invested in for making parts for his steam cars.

TMNT

Yep, I need to get me one of those 3D printers. I use AutoCad and I'd love to be able to 3D print sometimes.

The thing that really impresses me about Michael's trucks, is that they aren't made from kits. He improvises with the parts that he has from a variety of sources. I bought him an M35A2 Lego kit one time ($125) and he immediately started modifying it because it had no suspension articulation.

He goes out and studies how our real M35A2 looks and how the suspension works, and then he spends hours trying to replicate it with Lego parts. He's asked me to back Betty into a ditch so he can watch the suspension work so he could understand how all the parts move.

He looked up howitzers on the Internet and built a couple of towable howitzers just from studying the pictures.

That kid is going to be pretty good at something one day.