• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LeRoi Mack M123

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE[thumbzup]:driver:[thumbzup]:driver:

Music, sweet, music. Dirt, you are the Ayatollah of 10-ton Rock'n'Rolla.

That was a great video. And then to see it taken for a quick spin around the shop. Priceless!

I showed my son the first pics and he said "That's a piece of junk." I replied, "Hush your mouth. What's with the negative waves. That's a mother-beautiful 10-ton. Have a little faith!". DOes the dialogue sound familiar? I added "You know these things have feelings."

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only way I see that as a parts truck is the fact that it needs parts. You said the engine side panels wire OK right? Isn't that the only sheetmetal unique to the 10T stuff? Congrats on getting another cool truck. Now I've lost count here. I know you have 2 M125s, at least the one M123 that you took to the show and this red one. Are there more 123s?

joeM62

You said they cut the m125 up, hope they didn't cut the one that they used to show on their website that one look good enough to work with. there were 2 m125's around Altanta GA that look perfect went there to visit some Marines.

Dirt71

Just a little video of me dropping the trailer today. Been working on getting the correct fuel pumps that go in the tanks up and running.

Also forgive the excessive movement of the video as the camera man was a bit nervous :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmkDioE4UhY[/media]

Seatyger

Great, fantastic and of course Awesome!! Next time we do the family roadtrip to 'Disney' I'll get the wife to drop me and the manchild off at your shop so we can drool, **** we'll buy the lunches and sweep the floors just to watch you guys bring these monsters back to life LOL!

Thanks again for letting us see you bring them back.

Jim

Dirt71

Was up in Ohio a couple weeks ago for work and had chance to go by Sam Winer. While walking around there yard I came across 3 10 ton frames that were completly striped down with nothing but the axles under them but one of them still had the skid plates for the fifth wheel on it. So as I look it over I realized it was the modification that the Army did on some of the first 123's to raise the fifth wheel hieght to acomadate the M-15 trailer that was still in use through Vietnam. The WWII Dragon Wagons fifth wheel was 3 inches higher than the 10 ton 123. So when I saw this set up I wasn't leaving without it. I knew I would never see this set up again. I had only seen pictures in magazines of this set up. So I did a little blasting on all the rusty bolts and soaked them with PB Blaster and they all came out with little effort after 55 years.

Attachments