• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

let's play as trivia game called... Where the **** does this go?

jesusgatos

Putting mah deuce back together and I was pretty good about bagging and labeling hardware and everything, but there are a few things I can't remember and it's a new A3 cab and a bunch of other new parts, so it's not going together exactly like it came apart. Mostly just little things, like the door hinges. But figured it would be cool to start a thread where I can post about things as I run into issues, have questions, etc.

Appreciate all the help, so first correct answer to every question will be entered in a drawing and the winner will receive a free pair of hubsteps. Contest ends when mah deuce is running and back on the road.

Attachments

jesusgatos

Help me remember what goes where.

Know those two empty holes on the far left are for the engine kill and hand throttle, but which one goes where, and where are they supposed to pass through the firewall?

Can't find a plaque that fits in that space under the procurement tag. If I remember right, I think that yellow idle tag was screwed-in there, hanging over a few of the empty holes? Think I remember welding-up a few wonky sets of holes?

Windshield wiper knobbie-dealie? The air-line coming off of the housing is throwing me off, as I can't figure out how/where that's supposed to be routed. Know that ultimately, it passes through the upper left corner of the dash...

Attachments

jesusgatos

Cab is not sitting level on the chassis. Why? Will take a picture of the rear cab mounts to show that it's assembled correctly. Pretty sure about that. But there are supposed to be rubber pads in between the cab and the chassis at the front mounts, right? That's just going to make it worse? How thick are those supposed to be anyway? Mine are old and crusty, and I'll probably just buy some nice rubber strips in an appropriate thickness to use instead of another set of those little square stock pads.

What about the front fenders? Anything between the fenders and the chassis at the front mounts?

Attachments

jesusgatos

Subscribed!
Gotta add some value if you wanna win.
engine kill is on top, hand throttle below
Thanks! That was easy. Still need to know where they should pass-through the firewall. Might just end-up making my own holes because I don't think this cab was configured for a multifuel, but would still like to have some pics for reference.

Know I could look a lot of this stuff up. Took a lot of pics when I was disassembling. The first thing I googled (door hinges) turned-up a bunch of my pictures that I posted in the build-thread on pirate. But figured this would be more fun than digging through a bunch of old pics, and I'm sure I'll learn a new few things too.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The data tag beneath the procurement one is probably a variation on the "let turbo spool down" one-I have seen several variations that were the right size to fit there.

The wiper valve has the larger line going up and out of the firewall. The smaller line goes to the top of the dash on the left side and exits near the defroster vent to route air to the wipers.

I have taken several cabs off and about half have these square rubber insulators between the cab and frame. Maybe the thickness of a matchbook.

mikew

The wiper thingy goes into the hole on the left of the steering column (where you have your red start button) and the start button goes on the right side.

The copper air line feeds to the far left side of the dash and exits through a 1/4" or so hole in the top of the dash and then up the left side window frame.

Left and right as viewed from the drivers seat.

Last edited:

mikew

Post # 3: the holes under the procurement tag were all unused on my truck. In my attached pics in a previous post you can see my battery kill switch and heater switch in some of those holes, but that's not original to the truck.

Post # 4: the green "box" is the low air buzzer that goes inside the cab, on the firewall above the transmission hump (way up by the top of the dash).

Many of the trucks I've seen have the turbo cool-down tag on the "glove box" lid.

Last edited:

mikew

The engine kill cable goes through a hole towards the top of the firewall. More-or-less in line with it's mount point on the dash.

The throttle cable goes through a hole where the floorboard and firewall meet, kind of behind the brake pedal. There's a cable locknut fitting that goes in the hole and the cable goes through that fitting.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Sure, there are a lot of holes left on the firewall. Tell us all what goes where. Doesn't even have to have anything to do with my truck. General info about why there are holes and mounting points here and there is good general information and am sure someone will find it helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks