• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

MASIC

Were the hubs a big job. I've never done it, I got my bobber already done. Preaty much the same as an M35 I would think?
The flipping of hubs is close to the same as found on the M35 with slight differences and heavier. Best to follow a manual. I took me a good part of a day to remove the wheels, remove the axle shafts and front axle caps, remove all hub nuts, outer bearings, hubs and seals, flip the hubs, torque and lock wire the hubs, install new brake cylinders, brakes, and hub seals. Now the heavy part, installing the wheel hubs/brake drums, torque the axle nuts, installing the wheels and finally the axles.

You will be tired. The tires alone with rims are 435Lbs a piece and the drum/hubs are 105Lbs a piece. I helped a buddy of mine do his and he still owes me a 6pack

MASIC

Very nice MASIC. My favorite truck on the thread so far. Is that a real SCAR? Haven't seen too many out there yet...
Thank you for the compliment. As for the scar I don’t know it belongs to a friend of mine. I never checked.

I’m thinking about listing the truck. I am up here in Canada working for a while and when I drive this truck I get a whole lot of attention in every direction. All good though but there is only a handful of guys driving these up here.

kastein

Here's my 1964 M54A2
first of all, looks awesome!

Second - when you got it was it titled as a '64 A2? Was it built as an A2 or converted? If not, did you by any chance convince the wonderful state-o-mass to retitle it as a '64, or do you just know it was actually made in '64? I'm hoping to get them to retitle mine as a '64 so I can get antique plates but I'm fairly certain they will laugh at me. Mine came to me with a '90 A2 title but I know via CARNAC it was built as a straight M54 in '58 and converted in '90, which would leave it as a '58 if anyone except the government had done it.

Pic of mine, as it stands. Need to finish putting the engine back together after my head gasket job and it needs a LOT of paint work as soon as I buy a house and have some space to really work on it. So far I have been mostly leaving cosmetics alone and only doing mechanical/drivetrain repairs and upgrades.

Attachments

jollyroger

Got some pictures of the tractor with a wildfire smoke filled sunset the other day. They usually turn a brilliant orange red when this happens but this one kind of petered out. I still got some decent shots though.

BUMP!

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Santa Express - former GSA firetruck.

M52 Tractor with the fifth wheel removed and a Deuce bed installed.

I like the looks of the Flat Nose of the M50 series

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks