• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets talk offroad upgrades .....

2INSANE

My Warn 24 v winch was $2800. If you have those kind of funds I would say get it. If not a 12 v could work with your 24 v system. Or you could convert to 12 volt all around. I would say hook it up to a battery and run it down the back and ground it to the frame in the back. Get those quick connects for the winch and electrical with a portable winch mount and keep the winch handy in a truck box or in back of truck bed so you can the clean and dry winch and put it on what ever side you need.

when there are no winch points to hook to, a Pull Pal anchor or custom built one is a great addition to the recovery gear.

a snorkel would help those deep mud/water holes too...

Last edited:

CivilEGR

If I pulled the differential carrier out, and didn't change any of the parts, do I still need to re-do the backlash? Or if I'm installing the parts I just took out, should it be the same as before?

Chaski

If I pulled the differential carrier out, and didn't change any of the parts, do I still need to re-do the backlash? Or if I'm installing the parts I just took out, should it be the same as before?
Exact same carrier, bearings, R&P as before? If so you should be good to go. Hopefully it is a tight fit- if it slides right in you may want to take a close look at your carrier bearings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks