• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift gate on a deuce?

Prankster

Cheap Lift the hard way

I bought an old Postal truck (Ford 1992 CF 8000) 3-Ton Box with a 4000 Lb. Lift
Ya know, they still make these things; I saw a brand new one in NYC.

It has a 7.8 Brazilian Turbo Engine with an automatic transmission, and a pneumatic starter.

I really like the Snorkel, and filter setup.

Anyway, This thing cost so much fuel to run it that I am considering using what I can to vamp up the Deuce. Snorkel ???

So, I bet you could find one at a Postal auction for under a $1000.oo and still get your 4000 Lb lift at a savings. They run off a GM starter motor, and a small hydraulic tank.

Last edited:

3dAngus

The government also makes a hydraulic lift gate for a specialized M105A2. It has a hydraulic lift pump mounted on the side of the trailer, and hydraulic lines that run to a long cylinder under the center of the M105 trailer. It comes on what is called a "Carpenters' trailer.

I have purchased two of them. Way to big to ship so don't ask. I'll probably bring one I cut off a M105 to the Ga. Rally.

Using a M105 carpenters trailer may help solve some of the problems with loading heavy loads, unless one does not want to tow.

I do admit, having a lift gate on a deuce would be really cool, but probably really expensive too. Be sure to take and send pics when it's done if you decide to go that route.

therealtrikky

I know I'm replying to a VERY old thread, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there about em. I picked this one up about 6 months ago out of Austin & have been improving it's condition and appearance. The liftgate tag shows it's manufactured by a company out of Canada & rated at 2,000 lbs. This look like the liftgates y'all have been picking up or is this something completely different than the "norm"?

m35.jpgm35-1.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I sold my lift gate for a Deuce to a guy that wants to put it on his 5 ton but never did, probably for sale again. Anyhow these are my lift gate threads, PM for more, all the pictures or ideas.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?34101-lift-gate

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?7749-Lift-gate-on-a-deuce#post68027

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?107707-Project-quot-Liftgate-quot-off-the-ground!-*pics*

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ot-Liftgate-quot-off-the-ground!-*pics*/page2

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?58725-lift-gate-on-a-deuce

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...eck-her-out!&p=1144264&viewfull=1#post1144264

The dreamer here bought lots of stuff to make his Deuce the way He wanted but then I got old and sold the lift gate and the duel brakes, electric wipers, tires, wheels, new HH, and lots more. I held off on the drop
side bed and hardtop but still like the power steering and all new brakes.
I should have started earlier, She is 48 now and I got 20 years on that.

Last edited:

therealtrikky

Gimpy, the sides still drop (have them lowered presently cause I can't handle the wacky assortment of colors on the sides (I was trying to decide what color to change it to). It's welded on with it's own battery supply for the pump just under the bed (behind right rear wheel). There's also an access plate just under the base of the bed you can see with the gate lowered.

I'll be happy to take a few pictures when I get home from work (still getting yelled at up here) & upload them, just can't laugh too much at the disaster area I call my back yard.

therealtrikky

Ok, rain started coming down hard so I ran into the house like I was going to melt. Did get a few pictures first.

If ya want something more, let me know & I'll be happy to help (still learning on this beast as I go).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cool beans, thanks!

Thats not the style I'd have used, but I understand he probably got a good deal on it. I'm sure it would be handy, but if it were mine, it would have to come off.

therealtrikky

Cool beans, thanks!

Thats not the style I'd have used, but I understand he probably got a good deal on it. I'm sure it would be handy, but if it were mine, it would have to come off.
Based on the date tag, it's been on there for a looooong time. It'd be more useful without a liftgate most of the time, but it's also daaaang sure came in handy a few times (like moving a Chambers stove).

I know where there are a few old deuces hidden away, I'm gonna see if I can sweet talk the owner out of a regular bed to swap out too. Granted that'll still be down the road a bit.

karl1430

It's called a rail gate the type of lift gate you guys are talking about.
What about the pintle hook on the rear of the deuce will it interfere with the gate raising and lowering

therealtrikky

Nice Gimpy! That would be easy enough to fab & fit up. Depending on how it stows it may tuck up without interference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks