• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifted Bobbed Deuce leaf springs

blackrock

Hey i was doing some searching on lifting a bobbed duece and seen some guys use the frame, make new hangers and even use new springs. HAs anyone had any specific luck with a certain leaf spring? such as a 99-04 Ford F350 front leaf springs? im looking to lift mine 8" and would like to do 6" leafs with 2" hangers. Anyone have any input on what leafs would be best?

thanks kyle

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most folks lifing them that much are double framing to get the heigth. Gaining 6" in height by spring arc is going to limit flexibility. I'd thing properly designed spring hangars dropping the springs 6" and 2" of height from a spring would be a better way.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey i was doing some searching on lifting a bobbed duece and seen some guys use the frame, make new hangers and even use new springs. HAs anyone had any specific luck with a certain leaf spring? such as a 99-04 Ford F350 front leaf springs? im looking to lift mine 8" and would like to do 6" leafs with 2" hangers. Anyone have any input on what leafs would be best?

thanks kyle
What are you planning to do with this truck and what size tires/wheels will you be using?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You could build a truck out of carbon fiber, but it wouldn't be a deuce. Mine came to almost perfect, I couldn't find the anti-gravity option.

Last edited:

mudguppy

weld that front cross-plate onto the hanger extentions - those 6 bolts don't give me the warm and fuzzy thinking about the lateral forces exerted due to leverage.

ApopkaFL

Banned
This looks very interesting You have my vote on this.... Can`t wait to get my kit so I can install it and give my input on this... I like that look a lot better then frame on frame like I was going to do.

hdmax

Before anyone goes the frame stacking route, you may want to check out the local lift laws for your state. As stacking frames is frowned upon!
Drop brackets, or re-arched springs are much more accepted.
lift blocks are a no go on the front, and not a good idea on the back.

phil2968

Pics downloaded to this site lets us see the pics long after those photo bucket links die. At the bottom of the post page is a box that says manage attachments. Try using that to upload pics to this site. Pics in a thread are worth more than a link we have to click on. Thanks.

blackrock

Pics downloaded to this site lets us see the pics long after those photo bucket links die. At the bottom of the post page is a box that says manage attachments. Try using that to upload pics to this site. Pics in a thread are worth more than a link we have to click on. Thanks.

i apologize, i thought on this you had to upload them on a site like photobucket. but now that i see there is no need to, i will use this sites photo upload instead. thanks kyle

Last edited:

Boss Doug

Blackrock, your fabrication work looks great! Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to more photos. My son and I do almost all of are own fabrication. We did the same type of lift on are 1966 GMC suburban that ways 6500lbs and they haven’t moved at all (even when my son got it airborne!!) Those grade eight bolts aren’t going anywhere!![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks