• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting questions, M109

jaymcb

Question 1:

I need to replace one of my sealed beams on my M109. For now, I don't want to go with H4 or LED's :-D, just a regular sealed beam....so I can get my Commiewealth of Massachusetts state inspection. Where can I find one?

Question 2:

Does the turn signals added to these machines also include 4-way flashers? The state inspector says I need them for my sticker.....<sigh>

plym49

On #2, the good Commonwealth cannot stipulate equipment that was not provided by the manufacturer.

As evidence, if otherwise, there would not be any Model T's or A's registered there.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

jaymcb

I guess this means my local auto parts store is not going to have this ;)

I guess I also better get an account open @ Erik's, this is going to be my third order in 3 weeks, and it's a bummer that I shouldn't drive it before it's inspected on the commiewealth roads.

wikallen

As far as flashers go, you should have flashers on the truck, unless I am missing something about your question. On the turn signal stock, pull out on the second lever and push the turn signal stalk all the way up.

Or are you talking about the side marker lights?

Last edited:

Stan

#1 Give napa a try on the headlight.
#2 If you have turn signals you should have flashers. On the underside of the t/s lever
there is a small tab, pull this out and push the t/s lever up past the right turn spot.

Manuals are your friend.

martinwcox

Jay,

I have a new sealed beam in the box from Erik's if you need it ASAP.

Also have one of those inspection cameras on a flexable probe if you think that will help finding the leak.

Just let me know.

Martin.

Darwin T

if you have this type of turn signal switch. take the part the long arrow is pointing to slide it out and lift the handle past the right turn spot and you should have hazzard lights. [thumbzup] if you have the other kind there is also a small switch (i think behind the handle) then same the thing push up past right turn.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
gage lights work off the light switch, the lower left lever all the way up gives bright dash lights, one click down from bright gives dim, must have headlights on, top lever all to the right

Attachments

wikallen

gage lights work off the light switch, the lower left lever all the way up gives bright dash lights, one click down from bright gives dim, must have headlights on, top lever all to the right

Gauge lights work in service and B.O. position as well

jaymcb

I have the switches figured out, I just have some burned out bulbs in some of the guages in the cluster. Gotta figure the bulbs, plus the swap. My absurd work schedule is going to keep me away from my 109 in daylight until the weekend. If there's a suggestion on how I can get bulbs inbound BY the weekend, please LMK.

I saw there was a 'PM' way to clean the gauges too....have to track that down as well.

Oil change and fuel filter at the same PM time, plus hunting down the oil leak, and getting a state inspection from the Commiewealth so I can drive legal :)

wikallen

There are no bulbs "in" the gauges. The bulbs are those round domes with little wings, between the clusters that are painted over. You can unscrew the domes to see the bulbs.

Darwin T

to PM the gauges pull the dash panel and clean either the white plastic back or the little clear windows in the sides of the gauges. this is where the light gets in. if you can't clean it, replace it.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Jay, Even though the Deuce is 24 Volt, NAPA usually has a good selection of belts, lamps, filters, and other non-specific generic items. You have already did business with Erik, he's a real good guy, keep him at the top of your parts guy list. Another good parts contact is Jay at Saturn Surplus --> Saturn Surplus on the Web! . John Tennis at: JATONKA's M35 TM download page has some items of interest, and TM's for downloading. Hope this helps you out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks