• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lil' smokey needs a new front bumper.

eagle4g63

Well, this evening turned out very interesting. My wife and I were watching tv when all of a sudden a loud....as in shake the house loud.....noise from out side. Upon investigation....it was an accident, while the misses was calling 911 I was running out of the house. A man in a truck had caused an accident hitting another car then careening up my driveway....SMASHED into my deuce, ending his wild ride!

Apparently he had caused 4 other accidents on his way to my house!

So far it appears I only need a front bumper as it is bent. He did shove the truck 1-2 feet back! Will know better in the morning. Here are a few pics.

Any way to the question.... Where is a good place to find a nice straight bumper for lil' smokey?

Also on another note: everyone(there were quite a few) had said that if it weren't for my truck then the guy would have drove through my house!!!! They made sure to tell that to my wife, ha ha. The neighbor even told her she needs to kiss me for buying it and saving the house[thumbzup].....maybe this should be a "uses for deuces" thing! NOW she is happy I bought it...go figure.:cookoo:

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

Holy cow....at least he hit something solid rather then your house! Trucks are easier to fix lol....was he drunk? Had this happened to me, the cops would have asked me how an airbag managed 2 black eyes, a broken nose, missing teeth, and a few other "lacerations" ...

As for a new bumper....No idea about your neck of the woods. maybe someone on the board has a parts truck near you. Good luck! Glad your all ok!

eagle4g63

He wasn't drunk, thank God for him...the cops were ready to drag him from his truck literally when they got to my house(good thing there was an ambulance there first). Like I said this was the end of his trail of disaster for over a mile. Apparently he was diabetic and went in to a spell...causing quite a mess. Not sure of other people down the road but the cars in front of my house had no serious injuries....but there were ambulances everywhere. I'm happy it was my truck not the wifes car or MY HOUSE which is just behind my truck.

littlebob

Before you settle with the insurance, make sure there isn't anything else that's damaged. I'm
not saying to screw the insurance, just make sure you don't get screwed if you miss something.
Once you sign the check you are out of luck.

eagle4g63

That's why I need to look it over real close in the morning with day light not just my little led pistol light! But yeah just want to make sure I get fixed what happened, a little pocket change for my time doing the work and repainting it would be nice.

I'm hoping nothing important wrong, I drive this everyday as my daily driver. Plus I just agreed with my local video store to let them use it as a prop for the "movies for troops" drive they are having in a week.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Isn't Clinto in Indiana? I bet he has a few bumpers.
No, I am North of Atlanta, near Athens, Ga., but C&C Equipment, which is owned by a nice fella named Clinton is in Indiana.

:beer:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is another instance like the woman who ran into the RED deuce at the light thread posted yesterday. I hope you all have the proper insurance in place. Just because the truck is in the garage does not mean its safe from mayhem.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would have been hard to not pull him from his truck and beat the **** out of him not for the damage but just for being a dumbazz! GOOD LUCK

Who would be the dumbazz?

The guy who had a diabetic blackout or the guy doing the beating? Just asking.:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks