• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List of Standard Tools for Deuce?

sgtrisk

Does anyone have handy either a) a list of the most commonly needed tools (with sizes) for working on a Deuce, or b) the reference in the manual where they may be listed. I have the manuals, I just can't find a concise list of tools.

I'm off to Sears in just a bit!

Tanks!

The list of tools the operator should have available as Basic Issue Items and Additional Authorized Items (BII and AAI) are listed in the appendix of the -10 manual. That won't get you what you really need for doing anything more than tightening screws, though.

For a real set, you'll probably want a Mechanic's set which is listed in a Supply catalog.I don't have the number or list handy. Have to check the storage locker. The full set fills three standard carry along tool boxes. Pretty much everything from a 3/4" drive ratchet set on down.

MoAllen

Yes just get a 50 cal ammo box and put everything in it that will fit and then another box with spare parts ie belts , bulbs, seals oil, gear oil. I printed off the parts cross reference list under resources. So you can maybe find something at napa. I also print the great ideas the members post and carry that in a folder. I know overkill but I don't know much.
Allen

sgtrisk

Super, guys. Thanks!

I'm still sort of awstruck that you can do most of the daily PMCS and other minor repairs with two wrenches and a screwdriver! How refreshing from the endless list of specialized tools you need to do the most minor repair on todays civilian automotibles!!

One "specialized" tool I think I need (and can likely get from Saturn or OD Iron) is the air compressor pully wrench. Does anyone have a good field-expedient method of handling that, or a spare wrench lying around?

stancanpara

I've been wondering about the air compressor pully wrench myself. I've "tried" to tighten the belt with tools on hand and it's a bugger...

What's the best source for this tool?

Stan

sgtrisk

Oh, thanks for the help, SCSG!! ;) (Just kidding!!)

If you think of him (or if he reads this), some of use would like to get hold of him.

Speaking of tools... I wonder if anyone knows about some AC plugs for teh M109 shop van jack?? Hmmm...? :)
Have you heard anything back on the deal you were looking into?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tool Display Sheet

My Deuce came with a cloth fold out sheet with all the tools outlined in black, I guess it was to display the tools during inspections, I will see if I can find it and get a photo next week.
James G.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Tool Display Sheet

Brad,
The Cooper guy was not at the last meeting, but I will pursue it as I'm still looking for a plug, and I saw AMGeneral's new M109 at the GA Rally, so he's gonna need one also. Just from the threads here on SS, there ought to be a market for 50 to 60 of them. Later!

comdiver

I just ordered a batch of wrenches. Photos and cost will follow soon. They should cost about $30 each. Trades?

Somemedic

Ive seen some of the guys claim that having a $100 1" impact gun from harbor freight is a must. Grab the gladhand mounted air hose from a truck stop and Im thinkin a dude would be good to go for most repairs in the feild.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks