• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List of Standard Tools for Deuce?

sgtrisk

Does anyone have handy either a) a list of the most commonly needed tools (with sizes) for working on a Deuce, or b) the reference in the manual where they may be listed. I have the manuals, I just can't find a concise list of tools.

I'm off to Sears in just a bit!

Tanks!

The list of tools the operator should have available as Basic Issue Items and Additional Authorized Items (BII and AAI) are listed in the appendix of the -10 manual. That won't get you what you really need for doing anything more than tightening screws, though.

For a real set, you'll probably want a Mechanic's set which is listed in a Supply catalog.I don't have the number or list handy. Have to check the storage locker. The full set fills three standard carry along tool boxes. Pretty much everything from a 3/4" drive ratchet set on down.

MoAllen

Yes just get a 50 cal ammo box and put everything in it that will fit and then another box with spare parts ie belts , bulbs, seals oil, gear oil. I printed off the parts cross reference list under resources. So you can maybe find something at napa. I also print the great ideas the members post and carry that in a folder. I know overkill but I don't know much.
Allen

sgtrisk

Super, guys. Thanks!

I'm still sort of awstruck that you can do most of the daily PMCS and other minor repairs with two wrenches and a screwdriver! How refreshing from the endless list of specialized tools you need to do the most minor repair on todays civilian automotibles!!

One "specialized" tool I think I need (and can likely get from Saturn or OD Iron) is the air compressor pully wrench. Does anyone have a good field-expedient method of handling that, or a spare wrench lying around?

stancanpara

I've been wondering about the air compressor pully wrench myself. I've "tried" to tighten the belt with tools on hand and it's a bugger...

What's the best source for this tool?

Stan

sgtrisk

Oh, thanks for the help, SCSG!! ;) (Just kidding!!)

If you think of him (or if he reads this), some of use would like to get hold of him.

Speaking of tools... I wonder if anyone knows about some AC plugs for teh M109 shop van jack?? Hmmm...? :)
Have you heard anything back on the deal you were looking into?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tool Display Sheet

My Deuce came with a cloth fold out sheet with all the tools outlined in black, I guess it was to display the tools during inspections, I will see if I can find it and get a photo next week.
James G.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Tool Display Sheet

Brad,
The Cooper guy was not at the last meeting, but I will pursue it as I'm still looking for a plug, and I saw AMGeneral's new M109 at the GA Rally, so he's gonna need one also. Just from the threads here on SS, there ought to be a market for 50 to 60 of them. Later!

comdiver

I just ordered a batch of wrenches. Photos and cost will follow soon. They should cost about $30 each. Trades?

Somemedic

Ive seen some of the guys claim that having a $100 1" impact gun from harbor freight is a must. Grab the gladhand mounted air hose from a truck stop and Im thinkin a dude would be good to go for most repairs in the feild.