• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List your reason behind your MV

The green monster got me for...

• Parades

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hunting, Trails and 4x4

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • BOV/ EMP proof

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Work/BOV/Parades/Coolness factor/ Multi-Fuel appeal.

Votes: 109 83.2%

• Total voters

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen MV's from a Gama goat to a wrecker and everything in between.

Some people bought a CUCV for the trails, desert and or hunting. Others for a BOV. Others have bought a Deuce for the farm, work or for parades. Others bought a wrecker for recovery work. Others bought a 109 for a BOV, camper and parades. What did the green monster talk you into.....?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only purpose I ever had for buying them was I like them! The wrecker, again, was just a want but makes working on other MV's pretty easy.

trukhead

I missed driving the freightliner and the M35A3 came up. It rides like the freightliner, sounds better than the freightliner and it doesn't get stuck in mud puddles. And It was cheaper than a new 4 wheeler thingy.

CUCVs are handy around the farm.:mrgreen:

Last edited:

RealCavDog

I screwed up my original EMP/BOV plan, so I voted number 4 ! I got sucked into the super nice, like new A3 club, which defeated my doomsday/multifuel/trail-fixable/push-pull start/winched import crusher that I started out on !

No regrets, still looking for the above listed ! :drool:

Just very glad I had the self control to avoid the 900 series appeal ! . . . well . . . so far ! :cookoo:

DeucesWild11

Knew I wanted one ever since I saw Tremors 2.. My silverado was rusting out from under me and I wanted something that was going to LAST! The multi-fuel factor is a great plus as well! Mine is only for fun and the occasional trip to the hardware store. Can't wait to take the deuce to the local classic car show!

combatmech

Fun mostly, and it's great hobby. Being able to do parades, car shows and getting into the mud are just some of the perks.
My other hobby, airplanes and flying...Just can't afford a big engine warbird....YET!! However, I would love to have a deuce or a 5 ton someday...

mactiredearg

Because when we drove by the first one my little girls (then aged 9, 6 and 4) thought it was "the coolest thing ever!!!"
And when I saw the grins on their faces after the test drive I knew there was no turning back.
Now I'm addicted to the fun and have picked up a second truck and a trailer. I'd probably pick up more but town rules wont let me. Plus the boss says she gets either an ambulance or a caisson before I get any more toys...

What I tell those who ask: parades, displays and Little Girls' Smiles.

Docter

well i have to be honest, i was a little kid playing army in the back yard in the 60s, and i loved the partades in town for memorial day 4th of july and veterans day. seeing all the old GIs marching down the avenue, and seeing some old militarty stuff go by. visiting my older brother at the army bases he was at. to me it was all things army. and now i am older, did my time in the army, and now i am one of the old GIs marching down the avenue.
haveing a MV is fun and as it turned out educational and a great source for the old dogs to reminisce about the good old days.
when i had my M-38a1 with trailer aside from just enjoying cruising around and sometimes trail riding, i also got to use it with the Young Marine detachment here in town, the kids just loved it. done some things for the local Viet Nam vet chapter here. It had been some years since i had to sell my jeep and most of my gear, but now i am getting back on my feet and well getting another mv was just what the dr ordered, dont tell my wife I am the Doc who ordered it.
I am a heavy equip mechanic by trade so working on this stuff is a delight , its fun and sometimes theraputic. I dont have any one reason why but man i am just glad i can come out and play.

youres at arms Doc

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
CUCV originally due to wrecking my 6 month old jeep. Living in NYC and wanted something that if got scratched, dented, vandalized, I wouldn't care. I mean I care just don't feel I'm out a whole lot.

Deuce was bought after I said I'd never buy one cause I would never need it. Then ECOSTRUCTION has to post pictures of my former deuce from my ole reserve days. I buy a deuce. Then I have to move to take a new, much better job. I move myself with it.

Always wanted a WWII jeep since I was a kid. A close family friend had one we use to take hunting. He wouldn't sell me that one so I lucked out and CRUZINZ28 shold me his which is being restored.

Trailers bought to support moving or emergency generator.

Shelters bought for storage.

USMC motorcycle bought for cheap transport to work due to the high fuel prices.

Jesse6325

Wanted one since I was a kid, Also wanted something that I could splatter a wild hog with and not have a $3000.00 + repair bill.
Besides, It's just fun to drive!:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks