• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's something to be aware of when adding AC:

https://www.nsncenter.com/Library/PSMAG/PS_722?PageNumber=7

I don't think it was the cause of my fan clutch imploding but there was signs of minor contact between the bolts on the back of the fan clutch and the face of the AC pulley.
Thanks for posting this info. I just checked mine and there is evidence of the clutch bolt heads rubbing the pulley when the clutch is disengaged. I couldn't find any details for the referenced spacer. I can probably fab one, if anyone has the details on the thickness that would be appreciated.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting this info. I just checked mine and there is evidence of the clutch bolt heads rubbing the pulley when the clutch is disengaged. I couldn't find any details for the referenced spacer. I can probably fab one, if anyone has the details on the thickness that would be appreciated.
I'm trying to get that info now. The person that passed the article on to me is checking and I had specifically asked him about thickness thinking I'd need to make my own.

Cobbtowncowman

My unit is a 5750 , so the hose hook up might be slightly different, but (and you probably already know this) generally speaking the heater core/heat exchanger doesn't care which direction the water flows. What makes the difference is which line has the flow control valve on it. This should be your inlet line. I believe the difference in the two units is the older style, 5750, had the cable control and the new unit had an electric control, regardless, inlet should be on the flow valve side. You should be able to see the flow control valve to figure this out. Hope this helps.

Rene M

FYI the condenser units are for sale on ebay. i know a few guys were looking not to long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

dronsen

Gents-

A few years ago my company used to install very high quality German 24VDC rooftop A/C units (on specialty trucks buses) and we had very good luck with them (the units and manufacturer support). Installation is super quick and easy...basically, cut hole, mount unit and seal, run 2 wires, turn on - a bit over-simplified, but complete installation in 3-4 hours. At 24V they provide 12k BTU/250 CFM @ 60A (70Lbs). All controls are on the cab ceiling - in reach of driver and passenger. Parts are readily available, exterior and interior housings can be painted. Units fit into turret rounds. We are going to start importing units again, but this time in 12VDC for a different application. I can add 24V units to our orders if there is interest, particularly from this group. NOT looking for any commitments, but LMK if you'd have interest or if you have any questions. Complete units would be about $1950/each. Some pix and dims attached.

Thanks,

Dave

24VDC Rooftop AC Unit - Model R67-24-11.jpg24VDC Rooftop AC Unit - Model R67-24-11 - DIMS.jpg

Attachments

CMPPhil

More I formation please

Gents-

A few years ago my company used to install very high quality German 24VDC rooftop A/C units (on specialty trucks buses) and we had very good luck with them (the units and manufacturer support). Installation is super quick and easy...basically, cut hole, mount unit and seal, run 2 wires, turn on - a bit over-simplified, but complete installation in 3-4 hours. At 24V they provide 12k BTU/250 CFM @ 60A (70Lbs). All controls are on the cab ceiling - in reach of driver and passenger. Parts are readily available, exterior and interior housings can be painted. Units fit into turret rounds. We are going to start importing units again, but this time in 12VDC for a different application. I can add 24V units to our orders if there is interest, particularly from this group. NOT looking for any commitments, but LMK if you'd have interest or if you have any questions. Complete units would be about $1950/each. Some pix and dims attached.

Thanks,

Dave

View attachment 643294View attachment 643295
Hi Dave

Looks like a very intestine unit, is there a Web link you could give us which would have more details?

Am I correct that this is a fully self contained unit that you just add electrical power and get air conditioning?

Cheers and thanks Phil

CMPPhil

Hi Dave

Looks like a very interesting unit, any chance of a link to more information?

Cheers Phil

PS this may turn out to be double post as being new to the forum, Im having problems with posts at time.

dronsen

They are totally self-contained - just run 12 or 24VDC - controls are overhead, in reach of driver or passenger - we're thinking about $1950/each - See first post

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE
I hope to install this unit in Feb 17, still hard at work on the 1086.MTV ..... The trucks are relatively easy to work on, but TIME CONSUMING....
AC unit arrived, well packaged and complete, with some good quality parts....
now well see.........

IMG_4283.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to do the oil pan so here I am might as well but on the AC lower bracket. As per the pics the AC bracket goes in the two lower motor mount holes. So that leaves us with the Trans. cooler going on first then the AC bracket on top of that. That would leave a gap on the rear top mount. In the pic #14 looks like a spacer. What did you guys use just a washer of correct thickness to make up the gap? Tanks

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks