• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Bud Cofer

Hello, Anyone know where I an get the green bracket? and also the Pulley for a LMTV 1078 3116.
, acbrackets2.jpegacbrackets1.jpeg

R-6101-0P Rooftop A/C unit 12 volt
78R1077 Install kit with hoses and EZ clip fittings
75R8382 Compressor 12 volt
75R9970 Compressor mount bracket – please make sure this will work for your engine (NOT!!!)

Last edited:

Bud Cofer

Awesome! This has been a nightmare finding all this parts. I really need three quick. I have to have these trucks done asap. How much are they? Also what are your thoughts on a R-1215 All in one unit. It draws 80amps and and weighs 70lbs. you think the generator, and roof can handle it? it will be a quick fix etc.. Thanks Bud

scottmandu

Awesome! This has been a nightmare finding all this parts. I really need three quick. I have to have these trucks done asap. How much are they? Also what are your thoughts on a R-1215 All in one unit. It draws 80amps and and weighs 70lbs. you think the generator, and roof can handle it? it will be a quick fix etc.. Thanks Bud
I'd be concerned that the 100 amp alternator won't be able to keep up with the load and other truck accessories.

ramdough

How is progress on the air conditioners? My understanding is that they are still not cooling well. Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

I am actually leaning toward a generator and two roof units. One for the camper and one for the cab. I have to buy one roof unit for the camper anyway and a smaller generator. Maybe just upsize the generator a bit. The end result I think may be cheaper and easier. Just need to know BTU from my earlier question for comparison.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what the actual BTU/hr rating is for the gen1 and gen2 units?

The Gen 2 is 28,000 btu/hr, not sure about the Gen 1. I have a Gen 2 in my truck, it is workng well however its not been hot enough for a good workout yet. It seems like the issue is the cab needs insulated from others comments.

ramdough

The Gen 2 is 28,000 btu/hr, not sure about the Gen 1. I have a Gen 2 in my truck, it is workng well however its not been hot enough for a good workout yet. It seems like the issue is the cab needs insulated from others comments.
Well that blows my idea of using a ceiling unit. Those are only 15,000 BTU/hr

coachgeo

Well that blows my idea of using a ceiling unit. Those are only 15,000 BTU/hr...
Maybe not a total blow. We are not in an Iraqi Desert and it is said the AC in a vehicle has a high BTU raiting solely to get temps up fast inside a hot vehicle. Once cool you don't need near as much of that full BTU. So to reduce the need of the start up AC by insulating. Even adding the legal level of window tint could help too. Example insulate the shiat out of your cab and use thick window insulation covers when not in use so cab does not sit there as a solar oven.

I'm thinking of spray foam on interior walls. Not the store bought but the more professional stuff used in houses. Not sure yet but may spray under cab floor as well. If not that mayyyyybe interior floor since I've got to redo fuel pedal anyway or some combination; such as engine side wall and floor where pedals are, and interior walls elsewhere etc.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks