• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

ramdough

I talked to vintage air today about the same topic, and they said volume not BTU is the unit of measure to look for. He also said that the compressor used on all these builds is huge and often is used in large vans with multiple evaporators. I am curious about the actual volumes of the gen1 and gen 2 evaporators, the stock condensers, and the various MRAP condensers people are using. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
How well is your setup working? How cool does it feel?

I haven't finished the LMTV one yet. I installed the same condenser setup on a 923 behind the cab and it blows 40 out of the standing unit. I am contemplating running a dual unit. The stand up MRAP units are pretty powerful at 33,00btu plus the Gen2 version dash unit. https://youtu.be/69OfiBbPk6w

ramdough

I haven't finished the LMTV one yet. I installed the same condenser setup on a 923 behind the cab and it blows 40 out of the standing unit. I am contemplating running a dual unit. The stand up MRAP units are pretty powerful at 33,00btu plus the Gen2 version dash unit. https://youtu.be/69OfiBbPk6w
Have you wired up an mrap unit before? Do you know the pin outs?

Edit:
Oops..... I was thinking you were talking about the ducted Hemmt units. I just watched you video.

Thanks

Last edited:

1951M1078

I'm going to build roof storage on my M1078. Their will be a 16' box (camper) that will stick up about 2' over the top of the cab. I'm going to build the storage rack as a brush guard and was thinking the back side could be used for the condenser .

Glad to see yours working. Did you add more 134r ? Did it make a change ? Nice install.

KEN2

how is the china A/C holding up in this 100 degree heat? I am trying to buy something this week for my 1078.

looking at RV ac 8 inches thick. 13,500 BTU draws @ 1500 watts.

Can I just run this off the 24v system with 2,000 watt inverter?

Prefer China If it works better???

Last edited:

izzug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
how is the china A/C holding up in this 100 degree heat? I am trying to buy something this week for my 1078.

looking at RV ac 8 inches thick. 13,500 BTU draws @ 1500 watts.

Can I just run this off the 24v system with 2,000 watt inverter?

Prefer China If it works better???
Who make the the RV unit and how much is it.

KEN2

Yes the Coleman Mach 8. Was looking for thin and black. found on fleabay with inside grill and ship @ 865. Then will put some type cage over it for protection later. Does anyone now if the lmtv system can stand 2,000 watt inverter? 0025603_coleman-mach-mach-8-air-conditioner-135k-btu-black-47223a879_300.jpg

Last edited:

izzug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the Coleman Mach 8. Was looking for thin and black. found on fleabay with inside grill and ship @ 865. Then will put some type cage over it for protection later. Does anyone now if they system can stand 2,000 watt inverter? View attachment 689316
Go to this site below, most truck drivers are running a Honda 3000 watt generators to power there Coleman Roughnecks AC units. I don't think 2000 watts inverter will do it. Make sure if you buy one it's true sine wave....Colemans don't like dirty power according to the dealer I talked to today.

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/rooftop-ac.173945/

KEN2

Thanks for info. Had ordered modified sine. grrr

For time being I guess drop cord out door to bed. Redneck engineering but better than 110 degrees...

I have a Honda 2000i which is @10 years old now. I have external boat 3 gallon gas tank for it that will run my boat a/c @20 hours non stop and keep batteries charged up. Bought tank it on fleabay for @100. it is just non vent gas cap with quick connect and hose to tank.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up an MEP 831A diesel generator for my Camper build, so power from that of batteries is not a problem.

Gunny, very interested in one of your 'test' units. I will PM you for more details.

It has been over 90 in Northwestern Nevada for weeks now, and the S.O. ain't having a non-AC cab ride anytime soon..

Pointman

scottmandu

Due to the forward cover case differences on the 3116 versus the 3124 and C7, the A/C bracket is moved inward a bit, which causes a mis-alignment of the idler tensioner. The bracket needs to be shimmed to make everything line up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks