• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

jpinst

Many thanks! This will save me a lot of time.

I will see about finding some shimms...

Immediately I thought of another question....I have the 3116 engine, so I am guessing you mean I need shimms for the bracket on my 3116 engine?

Last edited:

scottmandu

I tried calling you BTW.. Yes the perimeter of the 3116 timing cover has a raised area (which isn't on the 3126 or C7) this causes the bracket to tilt inward, and since the idler is on the opposite end it's moved inward also by a good 3/4 of an inch. Thick washers need to be put between the bracket and the case cover where the large bolts are to tilt the bracket outward. I don't recall the thickness but it's 1/4 or so of washers will work.

jpinst

Getting close to finishing.

My the latest issue is the routing of high pressure line.

How would you route the high-pressure line from the compressor to the condenser?

Photos would be great!!

Thanks in Advance

jpinst

OK...well sorry to keep hounding the board. I hope these questions will help others along the way. This is the first A/C install fro my Dad and I and we are close to being done.

So here is my next question:How is the Dryer Compressor mounted?

jpinst

Thanks. let me see if that can be done with a cab on....

My next Question is a Wiring Diagram for the Gen 1 (smaller) A/C Dash unit....anybody have one? Found the one on Post #134 - Looking at the diagram of the heater and the harness both have compressor clutch connectors which one do we use?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

scottmandu

There isn't a high and low switch. There is a binary condenser fan switch and compressor protection trinary switch. The fan switch is a common part used by GM etc. The compressor switch is bit more difficult to find.

bikeracer917

I'm needing some help with my a.c. system. My ruck is a 2006 m1078a1.
The a.c. unit is a 5760. I have all the correct components for the system with the exception of the pressure switches. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you already have the lines or will you be making them? What help are you needing? I made my own lines and used an off the shelf condenser, dryer and pressure switch so my hose routing may differ from yours if you at using different lengths etc. Let me know your specific questions and I can try helping.

bikeracer917

Smike740... I have everything and it's all the correct components. I need the correct high pressure switch and any information on the wiring harness that goes to all the pressure switches. I have harness rd-4-6001. There is a schematic for the gen 1 system but it doesn't show high pressure switch connection. Thanks for your help. Already have all hoses

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a wiring diagram I had, not sure if this exactly for your unit, regardless everything should be wired the same. This schematic looks like it may be for a setup using 2 seperate pressure switches. One would be a high pressure switch which is used to turn the condenser fan on when the system pressure reaches a a preset pressure limit. The other switch is a binary switch switch which prevents the compressor from comming on if the system pressure is too low and turns off the compressor if the pressure is too high. Another option is to use a trinary switch which combines these two functions into one switch. Either way the wiring is the similar. Regarding the switch itself there is nothing special about the correct LMTV part, you can use any generic AC pressure switch, I purchased mine from coldhose.com, I used the trinary switch. Also I didn’t have the factory harness and didn’t wire the fan portion of the trianry switch in series with the fan, I didn’t want the motor current running thru the switch, rather I used the switch to control the condenser fan relay ground.

Hopefully this helps.584A9305-C64D-4CBC-A780-DF928C4531AA.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks