• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV / FMTV AC Air Conditioner Compressor Mounting Brackets Install Write Up

bikeracer917

wanted to do a quick post about hoses. I haven't been able to find exact ac lines. So....what I have done is find a source for the correct fittings and bulk hose. Make my own. Fittings and hose are pretty cheap. And correct

sarge351

Pic of the installed compressor with the cab down and lifting up the side skirt from the cab.

View attachment 620247

Pics of the lower (green) and upper (black) AC compressor brackets
View attachment 620252 View attachment 620253

Pic of the lower bracket installed
View attachment 620254
Thanks for the Awesome write-up and pics! I am adding some part information I could not find:

Upper (Black) AC Compressor Bracket
#12 on Schematic

PN TV 05009
NSN 5340-01-528-1762

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarge351

Hi. I'm in the process of obtaining all the ac system parts. Everything is pretty easy to find. The auction site has a bunch. I noticed that some of you were trying to find the crank pulley. It's available at the caterpillar dealer. For my c7 its only $188.65. I didn't ask about the idler pulley but would think that they have it as well. Probably the belt also. Hoses can be built with Aeroquip ez clip fittings. Easy.... I found the same compressor from an online supplier for $249.00. Wiring is something I haven't gotten around to yet. Annyone have any input for wiring on a cat c7???
I don't think I as resourceful as you. That and I'm a noob. Would you mind pointing me in the correct direction to source the parts? I have noticed that "The Auction Site" is like Voldemort, he that shall not be named. Can you do a "Rhymes with"?

I have PN's, NSN's, but no ready vendor to purchase from ( that and a Fair Market Value).

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think I as resourceful as you. That and I'm a noob. Would you mind pointing me in the correct direction to source the parts? I have noticed that "The Auction Site" is like Voldemort, he that shall not be named. Can you do a "Rhymes with"?

I have PN's, NSN's, but no ready vendor to purchase from ( that and a Fair Market Value).
You can say eBay, Amazon, GovPlanet, etc, you just can't post a link to an auction from any site.

bikeracer917

I found the condenser and evaporator and compressor mounting bracket on ebay. And also the receiver dryer. I'm making my own hoses so I know they will be correct. The compressor is a sanden u4402. So just search for one and find cheapest price. I paid 320.00 plus I had to buy the fittings that thread into the end. The pto pulley can be purchased from Ringpower corp. It's a caterpillar dealer in Jacksonville Florida where I live. Aprox 190.00 for that. I'm still not ready to install but close.

bikeracer917

To anyone that might be interested.... I have a source for fittings and hoses so you can make the correct ac lines for your system. All fittings less hose cost me $63.89 with tax.

tomtag

M1078 1995 cat 3116 AC Crank Pulley with a radiator fan/ clutch mounted to the end of the crank shaft
The pulley is a single Vee groove and the belt tensioner is a single Vee groove and the Ac compressor is a 2 Vee grove only 1 groove is used
The Crank pulley is a Red Dot # RD 3-11669-0
The Belt Tensioner is A Red Dot # RD 3-12401-0
The Filter Dryer is alliance AC part # APB N 83 319254 or
APB N 83 319390 these numbers will cross to other Mfg
The Filter Dryer Bracket is a Alliance part # APB N 83 319008

Tom Greene
thomjcksnvll@aol.com
904 514 9023
Equipment Sales Company
Jacksonville Fla

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks