• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV guys.. What do you do with yours?

Rene M

I had a 5 ton and did not do much. I am buying a M-1081 and just was asked why.. I could not give a good answer.. Whats yours?

sargentwolf

Long-ish list...

1. Near daily driver
2. Disaster relief work (can ford 30 inches of water, tow a bobcat, take 2 strike teams of 6, their chainsaws, pole saws, and safety gear in ONE trip. try doing that in a pickup.)
3. Hauling stuff to the dump for friends, coworkers, family
4. Destressing (just driving the thing helps me relax)
5. Hauling work stuff (ceiling tiles, 8 foot light bulbs) for the properties I manage/own
6. And finally, Off-roading like a boss!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is a toy. I do parades, living history events, veteran affair items, car/air shows, etc. I'm planning on heading to Big Bend in Oct to do trail rides and if you have yours by then you should come down.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put an Alaskan camper on mine and travel the country. It is also my daily driver when I'm home. It pulls down trees just fine, too! Best pulling truck I ever had.

DanM7890

I'm still waiting for GP to send me my title so I can put it thru its paces. For now, I kill the grass with it mostly! :roll:
Funny you bring that up. I killed the grass mine was on.

I use mine to haul brush to the dump, haul heavy loads for friends, drive it to local events to tailgate with, and take it offroad when I can.

Bobcat701

1. Use it to haul scouts on short trips. I mounted 12 seatbelts in the back.
2. Chicks dig it, and love to drive it. Big smile on their faces. My wife even likes it now.
3. Its a big jeep that can go almost anyplace.
4. Helped our local state park with some environmental Eagle projects.
5. Pulled a stuck dump truck out of my neighbors yard.
6. Its a great camper for the beach.
7. Drive it to work once a week.
8. Its very relaxing to work on.
9. Use it as a farm truck
10. It will be in our local farmers day parade in a few weeks.

dsanderlmtv

I use mine to launch my boat on the sandy beaches where we live. Just the cost of a blown up transmission in a regular pickup truck is equal to my m1078. Plus it has made me some money pulling people out of the soft sand in there 4x4's.

Rene M

Mine is a toy. I do parades, living history events, veteran affair items, car/air shows, etc. I'm planning on heading to Big Bend in Oct to do trail rides and if you have yours by then you should come down.
OOOOOHHHHHHH yes, i should have my trailer by then and i have been itching to go to the state park trails. I even have a contact at the ranger station.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The biggest thing I have done with mine is to take it to the Denton NC rally for the last two years. Camped in the back of it during the rallies.

What do people with Bugattis do with them?

They drive them, derrr!
I find it funny how everyone always asks me "what do you do with that?" I drive it. People ride motorcycles all the time and I don't hear you asking them what they are gonna do with it!

f8617

Hunting buggy...cheaper & cooler than any SxS...with advantage of cab w/ heat.
Mobile prone shooting platform...easy way to change yardage for long range shooting.
Haul wheat seed for fall planting.
Firewood hauling pending end of tick/chigger/snake (<50def F) season.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at used Toyota Tacoma 4x4 trucks and most of them in the 1998-2004 year range were $10-$15K with 200,000 miles. I spent less money, on a more capable truck with less miles and MORE capacity. Many have asked, "What will you do with that?!?". Like Oxyacetaline stated, I plan to drive it! My kids love it and neighbors don't. Isn't life grand?

Honey, I'm running to Home Depot for a 2x4... :whistle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks