• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV - Sound Proofing & Insulation Mods (Post Your Proofing)

coachgeo

That looks very cool but I bet you’d have a hard time finding one, or find one that would fit. If you did I bet the cost would be mind numbing.
The sun roof is nice but not sure if I would go that direction or not…only time will tell. :p
nope...... they surprisingly are not outrageously expensive nor hard to find last time I searched. It is not like going to Lowes for something...... but its not something that an old master craftsman in a little backwoods shop in town in Philippines (if you can find it) makes.

order two? I didn't go that route cause going to put air deflecting solar panel there. Otherwise would

apologize for helping this thread go off topic....... if you want any more input on this idea start a new thread

also

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nope...... they surprisingly are not outrageously expensive nor hard to find last time I searched. It is not like going to Lowes for something...... but its not something that an old master craftsman in a little backwoods shop in town in Philippines (if you can find it) makes.

order two? I didn't go that route cause going to put air deflecting solar panel there. Otherwise would

apologize for helping this thread go off topic....... if you want any more input on this idea start a new thread

also

There is a company in florida called Tracstar that will sale you replacement domes for their in motion satalite dish's i dont remember the exact sise of the circle but probably 36 to 40 inches

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a company in florida called Tracstar that will sale you replacement domes for their in motion satalite dish's i dont remember the exact sise of the circle but probably 36 to 40 inches
Guess that way if you have the SatLink enabled going down the highway, you don't collect bugs... The bubble reminds me of the Lost in Space show back in the 60's. Funny how the bubble on the Military Vehicle (Fire Truck) looks a lot more "beefy" than the plastic in the links above.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess that way if you have the SatLink enabled going down the highway, you don't collect bugs... The bubble reminds me of the Lost in Space show back in the 60's. Funny how the bubble on the Military Vehicle (Fire Truck) looks a lot more "beefy" than the plastic in the links above.
Yea the ones on the in motion satalites are very thin birds limbs and the stuff under them even more easily damaged and the ones now are just about a foot wide but still ugly

Third From Texas

suggest start a new thread on this folk.... your hijacking this one.
See that's the moderator in you kicking in. The kid in me would edit the OP so that there are all these "crazy and unrelated" insulation comments in a "glass bubble cab" thread. Not that I used to do that religiously on FB, etc: start a thread on one topic, flood it full of support and likes, then go back and change it into something completely obscure when no one is looking. Fun with the Internet 101.

;p

ramdough

Here is my sound thread…. Similar strategy, but I will go further once I start wall paneling….. a ways off still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks