• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV starting issues

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Arrow up and down at same time in n on keypad see if there are codes. Grounds usually under the power panel right side is a big grouped ground. You an try sanding the connections and making sure its all tight. Does it run and drive if you start it from the starter?

Wes11293

Arrow up and down at same time in n on keypad see if there are codes. Grounds usually under the power panel right side is a big grouped ground. You an try sanding the connections and making sure its all tight. Does it run and drive if you start it from the starter?
Not at the truck at the moment but will check again for codes just to be sure and check the ground. It turns over when starter is jumped yes I didn’t hold it too long maybe just a few seconds though and it didn’t fire up. Been sitting a long time? So maybe it was or wasn't getting fuel to injectors yet

Wes11293

Are you sure you have fully charged batteries and all the connections are good?
Yes 100% have 4 brand new batteries and after replacing the ECM have good power up to the hot post on starter solenoid, the reverse polarity box, 24 BAT and IGN , 12v BAT and IGN posts on distribution panel. When I run test leads to the other starter post and try to start the engine regularly nothing Happens. But when I jumper the solenoid it fires?? Do you think it’s shorted wire ? I’m lost here haha

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If the engine computer isnt happy it wont open the injectors. If you have a heavy code reader you can plug into engine diag and see if any codes. A1 trucks its not always a simple diagnosis.

Wes11293

If the engine computer isnt happy it wont open the injectors. If you have a heavy code reader you can plug into engine diag and see if any codes. A1 trucks its not always a simple diagnosis.
I’m beginning to notice how not simple this A1 is at the moment. Ok I have a computer I can hook up to it so let’s say I don’t see any codes and also I don’t see injector pulse but the ECM has power to the correct pins and ground to the correct pins.. what would be the issue or possible issue? If I bypass the safety relays and wire straight to solenoid would the injectors fire or no?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Theres a bunch of engine sensor that can prevent the computer from firing. If you lost prime and theres no fuel at the pump that can throw an error. It wont open the injectors but I think it would let you crank. You can try to crank it from the starter with the dash switch on and see if it starts. You can crack a line at the pump see if there is fuel there.

Wes11293

Theres a bunch of engine sensor that can prevent the computer from firing. If you lost prime and theres no fuel at the pump that can throw an error. It wont open the injectors but I think it would let you crank. You can try to crank it from the starter with the dash switch on and see if it starts. You can crack a line at the pump see if there is fuel there.
If it starts by jumping the solenoid and the solenoid is brand new why wouldn’t it crank? Only think I can think is a shorted wire from the push button switch or bad ground as you stated

Wes11293

If it starts by jumping the solenoid and the solenoid is brand new why wouldn’t it crank? Only think I can think is a shorted wire from the push button switch or bad ground as you stated
Ok... now after putting the whole dash back together... I have ground at the ECM pin 70 where I should have switched power .. I had switched power to 70 before hang now I’m lost

Wes11293

If it's lost.. it's in the sock drawer or the dryer🤔😇🤠
Is this a real answer or?...

Ok where the heavy gauge wire 24v and 12v comes into the cab on the back side of the PDP in the cab are those the ignition relays? They have cables and each have two small wires coming from them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks