• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Tires on a M35A2?

502NDMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought six tires from GL thinking they were MRAP to pick up and to find out they are for a LMTV! Is an adapter plate for the M35A2 available for these rims and do these tires fit on a M35A2 (395/85/20)?

Special T

Bolt patterns wont line up. You need about 10.5" for the duece bolt pattern and the centerhole you have is about 9". You could have a new center welded in, however there are not a lot of outfits that will do it for a street legal application. You can do it your self. It is legal but you assume the liability. I would suppose you assume the liability when you bolt a different center disk in as well.

army70deuce

I was of the impression that MRAPs also ran 395/85R20s. If so your question is if the metal wheel will work. I know there are centers available on the classified section for MRAP wheels but I do not know if the MTV family of vehicles uses a different wheel. One would hope it was standardized wheels for the 395/85R20 tires. As far as liability issues (i am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice) but I would think the wheel spacers are no different than ones purchased for changing offset on a normal vehicle as far as DOT is concerned. Just my opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks