• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Tires on a M35A2?

502NDMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought six tires from GL thinking they were MRAP to pick up and to find out they are for a LMTV! Is an adapter plate for the M35A2 available for these rims and do these tires fit on a M35A2 (395/85/20)?

Special T

Bolt patterns wont line up. You need about 10.5" for the duece bolt pattern and the centerhole you have is about 9". You could have a new center welded in, however there are not a lot of outfits that will do it for a street legal application. You can do it your self. It is legal but you assume the liability. I would suppose you assume the liability when you bolt a different center disk in as well.

army70deuce

I was of the impression that MRAPs also ran 395/85R20s. If so your question is if the metal wheel will work. I know there are centers available on the classified section for MRAP wheels but I do not know if the MTV family of vehicles uses a different wheel. One would hope it was standardized wheels for the 395/85R20 tires. As far as liability issues (i am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice) but I would think the wheel spacers are no different than ones purchased for changing offset on a normal vehicle as far as DOT is concerned. Just my opinion.