• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

load of a heavy duty relay

tourus

short story. put a 50 light bar on my truck went through the car wash, light bar fog up inside .. spoke with place I bought it they said send it back, they will replace or fix. in the mean time did not want to be with out they extra light so put a 52 inch bar on ( friends light ) .. now got the 50 inch bar back and putting on today. question is will a 70amp hd relay take they load of both light bars going to use both . just want to be quick and easy and use the wiring that is in place.. truck is a M1010

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many lights?
What kind of lights, incandescent or LED?

I cannot even imagine any light bar drawing 70 amps DC. I used to install light bars on cruisers and fire trucks and the largest relay I ever used was a 30 amp (black cube type) automotive relay to provide power to them,,, this was before LEDs took over the market.