• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locked out of deuce

50shooter

I noticed one of my kids locked the door on the deuce. I went around to the other side and got in so no problem. Then it hit me, what if the other door was locked. How do you get in a hard top deuce w/both doors locked? Without using a PFH.

I searched 6 different ways and couldn't find a post related to this.

Thanks
Jason

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AAA

The door hinge pin bolts are on the outside.

Slide open the rear window.

Pull the top of the door window out, enough to use a wire to pull the lever.

Tunnel in from underneath.....

One precisely placed shot.....

Tell the kid that locked it, there is a $10 bill under the seat and they can have it if they get in there and open the door.

Last edited:

scooter01922

no it won't lock from the outside but it can be locked and then the door closed. Keep your toolbox locked up with a coat hanger in there and you have a way to sorta secure the truck and a way to unlock it when the need arises. Worked for the first few months i had mine. Now i have upgraded a bit.

scooter01922

Thankfully i think that a coat hanger will work on 99% of the deuces out there if one of the little ones manages it. Unless your window and seals are super tight its a piece of cake. With my truck I was banking on no one having an actual metal coat hanger handy, they are not as available as they used to be it seems.

50shooter

Awesome comments. It can be done as I proved it with my son sitting in the truck. I was hoping that if you locked the handle and then shut the door it would auto unlock...not the case. As well as these are designed and purpose built, I can't imagine why the heck they would have done that.

Lets think about how unhandy the coat hangar trick would be when bullets are flying you just racked your last mag and there are still more unfriendlies around than friendlies...Murphy says that is going to be the time you jumped out of the truck and your sling caught the door handle and hung you 18" from the ground until you wiggled loose and locked the handle in the process. Fortunately I only have to worry about rabid bunnies, killer coon and horny bucks.

The wire w/ a loop shoved through the ever gapping window seal works but isn't the handiest.

The $10 under the seat and let the kids handle it sounds like the most productive trick.

Thanks guys

steelandcanvas

Just came in from the shop, getting the truck ready for St. Patrick's Day Parade in Denver. I locked the door on the Deuce and closed it, it did not lock, opened, locked and tried again, same thing, it did not lock. So, I cannot be locked out. You'd think they'd all be the same.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks