• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lockout hubs, who on SS sells them?

ccf460

I am taking the plunge for my bobber, going to buy lockout hubs. Does anyone know if any of our members sell them at a fair price to fellow ss members? I am leaning towards selectro, but who knows, it is not set in stone yet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have to alter your lean. Selectros are getting harder to find these days.

Edit, looks like they are back on the market. Getting a little pricy though.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had tried to get with AVM for their hubs and run them through my company. But it seems there's only ONE supplier for the US and they simply will not allow anyone else to import them. Such a shame.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
tie6044 sells Ouversons I believe.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is more than one source in the US, for the AVMs.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is more than one source in the US, for the AVMs.
They're getting them from one supplier then... at least this is what I got from AVM directly.

Export AVM <export@avm.com.br>

11/3/12

to me

Market is not enougth big for 2 vendors.
********* is an excellent and traditional partner
We prefer one vendor very satisfied instead that two more or less .

Regads

Luciano Russo
Exp. Dep.

De: Andrew [mailto:]
Enviada em: sábado, 3 de novembro de 2012 22:21
Para: Export AVM
Assunto: Re: RES: AVM hubs

Why must this be through ******* exclusively?
Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt 4G

On Nov 3, 2012 8:18 PM, "Export AVM" <export@avm.com.br> wrote:
Sorry but in USA we sell this hub model just at *********.

export dep.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Andrew [mailto:]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 30 de outubro de 2012 08:57
Para: Export AVM
Assunto: Re: AVM hubs

I would like to know the total cost for the hubs shipped to the US from you
directly.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Export AVM <export@avm.com.br> wrote:
> Please contact *******************
>
> thank you
>
> export dep.
>
>
>
> -----Mensagem original-----
> De: Andrew [mailto:]
> Enviada em: sexta-feira, 26 de outubro de 2012 20:50
> Para: export@avm.com.br
> Assunto: AVM hubs
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to inquire about your 434 model hubs. I am located
> in the united states.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of uber cool Dualmatics that I have been saving for the deuce I no longer own. They are a somewhat primitive design so I wouldn't put them on a trail truck but they would be perfect for a shopvan or the likes. I need to figure out a price and get them in the classifieds or Ebay. One pic compared to a Jeep hub.

Attachments

ccf460

197th,
I was hoping we had a member that would give a little discount to fellow ss members, like you did on the items you sold me. I am not saying a huge discount,
but it would be nice to knock off the the ebay 3 or 4 % at least for not even buying on ebay. Clinto might ,I haven't talked to him. These things are horribly over priced to begin with, you would think there is a fair to heavy profit margin???

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
197th,
I was hoping we had a member that would give a little discount to fellow ss members, like you did on the items you sold me. I am not saying a huge discount,
but it would be nice to knock off the the ebay 3 or 4 % at least for not even buying on ebay. Clinto might ,I haven't talked to him. These things are horribly over priced to begin with, you would think there is a fair to heavy profit margin???
That was the entire reason I wanted to try to import them. Just to help out SS members.

197thhhc

197th,
Everyone has to make a profit or you wont stay in business. I set my profit after ebay fees. If I dont have to pay the fees. I don't have to charge you as much and I still make the same profit. I just think its good business. Because it keeps people coming back.

Tracking said your parts were delivered today. I'm glad they came before Saturday for you. I hope you got some work done on your truck.

Ted

ccf460

Yes,the parts came today. Thank you so much for getting them out so quick. If we don't a heavy call volume tomorrow at the fire station, my deuce axles will hopefully be leak free!!!!

peashooter

I bought some Selectro lockouts in December I think. The cheapest place I could find them was truckandwinch.com that had them listed for about $500, I ordered them and they cancelled my order saying they couldnt get them but I suspect they realized their cost was probably higher than the listed price they had on the website. I called up Summitracing.com (who had them listed for $850ish) and asked about their price matching, gave them the website where they were listed cheaper and summit matched the $500 truckandwinch.com website price. They are overpriced however, I like the look of the Selectro but I think a pair of them should sell for $250-300 considering the few simple parts that they are made of. The Ouverson's are probably worth what they charge given the machined components and bearings. If I did it over I'd probably buy Ouversons from Tie6044.... a better product from a stand up guy.

Attachments

Dblbeard

Would someone be willing to lend a set that I could have duplicated by my CNC guy? He loves challenges like this.
I would be willing to put a deposit or something on them if needed, I understand I'm new here so some may not feel comfortable
lending such expensive items.

I don't think I was clear in this post, I was refering to seeing if my CNC guy could duplicate these at a cheaper rate and offering
these to members, I wasn't wanting this just so I could have a copy made for myself.
I've never really seen a set in person, I've only dealt with 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks in the past, those are cheap enough
so duplicating them wouldn't be worth the trouble, but at about $600 a set I think he could do a lot better.

After reading it over I should have been clearer.
Thanks,

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks