• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long Term 1960 Ford M151 Resto Project Pictorial History 01-15-15

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up what appears to be a 1960 Ford M151 from Chuck last night and made it back to airport to pick up the wife with 5 minutes to spare.

Will keep a picture log on this forum of the progress over the next year or two as I slowly restore this diamond in the ruff. I'll take a bunch of pictures this afternoon of how she arrived back at the house. Here are some initial pictures I took for someone this morning.

DSCN9994.JPG

DSCN9995.JPG

DSCN9996.JPG

DSCN9997.JPG

DSCN9998.JPG

DSCN9999.JPG

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need the following items:

1. Early transmission - have excellent A1 transmission for trade (please see pictures below of #1. Shows the retainer on the rear and the boss for the retainer on the front)
DSCN9883.JPG

2. Early 2 hole windshield with correct defroster vents and canvas covered hinges
wsearlybumper.jpg

wsearlydef.jpg

wsearlyslots.jpg

3. Early hood
Jim%u00252527s%u002525205%u00252520016.JPG

4. 4 latch battery cover or a good picture of one that I can make a 2 latch into one
5. Early spare tire retainer and stamped wing-nut
retainer-2.jpg

retainer-1.jpg

Wingnut.jpg

6. Transmission cover with shift pattern data plate on it
7. Early contract engine data plate.

nattieleather

I've seen worse brought back to life. So far what I see isn't that bad and should be a good restoration project for you. Good luck and keep all of us posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks