• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long Term 1960 Ford M151 Resto Project Pictorial History 01-15-15

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up what appears to be a 1960 Ford M151 from Chuck last night and made it back to airport to pick up the wife with 5 minutes to spare.

Will keep a picture log on this forum of the progress over the next year or two as I slowly restore this diamond in the ruff. I'll take a bunch of pictures this afternoon of how she arrived back at the house. Here are some initial pictures I took for someone this morning.

DSCN9994.JPG

DSCN9995.JPG

DSCN9996.JPG

DSCN9997.JPG

DSCN9998.JPG

DSCN9999.JPG

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need the following items:

1. Early transmission - have excellent A1 transmission for trade (please see pictures below of #1. Shows the retainer on the rear and the boss for the retainer on the front)
DSCN9883.JPG

2. Early 2 hole windshield with correct defroster vents and canvas covered hinges
wsearlybumper.jpg

wsearlydef.jpg

wsearlyslots.jpg

3. Early hood
Jim%u00252527s%u002525205%u00252520016.JPG

4. 4 latch battery cover or a good picture of one that I can make a 2 latch into one
5. Early spare tire retainer and stamped wing-nut
retainer-2.jpg

retainer-1.jpg

Wingnut.jpg

6. Transmission cover with shift pattern data plate on it
7. Early contract engine data plate.

nattieleather

I've seen worse brought back to life. So far what I see isn't that bad and should be a good restoration project for you. Good luck and keep all of us posted.