• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long Time Lurker from WV/NY

chapmajs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally joined the forums after years of lurking, I know a handful of people here IRL. We're currently living in upstate NY but from southern WV -- hopefully returning soon. Not much in the way of MVs yet:

Vehicles:

1948 Willys M38 -- currently disassembled for restoration
1953 Reo M49 fuel carrier -- RIP, it was pretty far gone, then the clutch grenaded in a runaway

Equipment:

Early PE-95 genset, 5 kW rated, military version of an Onan WC4-7.5 with a Ford 2NY tractor engine
4x PE-75 gensets, 2.5 kW rated, two running, one in engine rebuild, one needing an engine

Non-Military:

1979 VW Rabbit diesel, daily driver
1969 Ford F600 dump truck
1948 Willys CJ-2A project chassis, probably going to diesel swap
1960's P&H welder/generator, 600A max, 300A continuous
1970's Otis Baker propane forklift, 5K lift, Continental F226 engine

Looking For:

Willys MB project
Bantam Jeep trailer
General Illumination tent light set, the old Korean War style in the wooden footlocker

Pretty good with general mechanical work, it's more a matter of time and space with respect to actually getting work done myself. I'm in the process of learning to weld so I can start doing my own sheet metal repair and, for now, non-structural fabrication. I don't yet trust my welds for anything that will pull weight down a public road!

mikey

Welcome from Central NY, two hours west of you. I've got a 53 M38A1, but I must admit, I love the flat fender look of the 52's and earlier.

Mikey