• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long Time Lurker from WV/NY

chapmajs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally joined the forums after years of lurking, I know a handful of people here IRL. We're currently living in upstate NY but from southern WV -- hopefully returning soon. Not much in the way of MVs yet:

Vehicles:

1948 Willys M38 -- currently disassembled for restoration
1953 Reo M49 fuel carrier -- RIP, it was pretty far gone, then the clutch grenaded in a runaway

Equipment:

Early PE-95 genset, 5 kW rated, military version of an Onan WC4-7.5 with a Ford 2NY tractor engine
4x PE-75 gensets, 2.5 kW rated, two running, one in engine rebuild, one needing an engine

Non-Military:

1979 VW Rabbit diesel, daily driver
1969 Ford F600 dump truck
1948 Willys CJ-2A project chassis, probably going to diesel swap
1960's P&H welder/generator, 600A max, 300A continuous
1970's Otis Baker propane forklift, 5K lift, Continental F226 engine

Looking For:

Willys MB project
Bantam Jeep trailer
General Illumination tent light set, the old Korean War style in the wooden footlocker

Pretty good with general mechanical work, it's more a matter of time and space with respect to actually getting work done myself. I'm in the process of learning to weld so I can start doing my own sheet metal repair and, for now, non-structural fabrication. I don't yet trust my welds for anything that will pull weight down a public road!

mikey

Welcome from Central NY, two hours west of you. I've got a 53 M38A1, but I must admit, I love the flat fender look of the 52's and earlier.

Mikey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks