• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what I found in my M101.

hwcurtice

Some people get all the good stuff.

Looks like you got some extra rails, plus a padded litter too. Handy for those emergency evacs...

But I could be wrong too...

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep they are seat backs and rear door fillers from the first series of HMMWV
The other stuff are extra gates for above the tail gate on the trailer.

Last edited:

blacktop_one

The item in pic #3 looks like the door filler panel they use on Hummers when an ambulance or other service body is attached. Just a wild guess, though.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, they looked in the back of the trailer - and they saw more junk they didn't need. If it ends up in the DRMO yard, the people there have to assume it's excess. They may check to see if any controlled items are back there (like ammo, weapon mounts, sensitive gear, etc.), but if not, out it goes.

hwcurtice

Mine was filled with air...

And someone's old Starbucks cold cup.... :-(

Oh, and one extra rubber wheel chock. I'm guessing to replace the wooden one.

I was hoping they would have misplaced a set of bows and cover in there, but no such luck....

O.D. Fever

I bought a 105 from Rock Island and both tool boxes had rusty hinges.. So with great effort and lots of WD40 I opened the frist one and nothing.. With alot more WD40 and more effort I opened the second and ........ it was filled.... with about five gallons of motor oil. What a mess, and a big let down.:-(

ib1short

my freebies

my 101 had 2 - 5 gal. Igloo water coolers in good shape, a 5 gal. water Jerry can, + a full bottle of hand sanitizer. It also had brand spanking new tires on it. The tires themselves are probably worth as much as I paid for the trailer!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I may be an odd ball here but if you go to pick up a trailer you just bought wouldent you look in the back of it when you picked it up.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked the GSA guy in Mississippi what was up with the deuce troop seats and assorted stuff in the back of the 813 I won, he said he thought one of us could use it and he doesn't have to fill up his only dumpster with it.

Attachments

3dAngus

If my trailer had all that nice stuff in it, I would have returned it to the rightful owner.
I would keep the junk.
Ho ho ho......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks