• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what I found in the defroster vent!

barefootin

I finally felt like contorting to hook up the defrosters in the Deuce this past weekend and mount my 7" monitor for the cameras and I found the strangest thing thus far..... Besides all the wasp nests and sand I've pulled out from various places, this dried up little critter was in the passenger side defroster vent..... I'm thinking about getting some resin and turning him into shifter knob or dash ornament 8)

Attachments

Last edited:

ctmustang

you name it weve found it in cars at the garage. Snakes possums,cats,rats and I mean the industrial kind you find up in the big city. Theres nothing funnier than to watch a coworker upside down under a dash start screaming like a lil girl and about break their neck trying to get out of the car. My last one was a 2-1/2 ft black snake curled around the rear axle when I pulled the wheel. Took him out and threw him in a tree.
CT

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
At the last machine gun shoot I went to me and Jon (Freighttrain) were scrounging through one of the target vehicles.....scored a bunch of chump change and some small tool items.

I pulled up the back seat and a possum (one of Elmos cousins no doubt) scooted out....he hissed at me a darted out of a hole in the floor of the car.

He beat a hasty but dignified retreat across the dirt pit before anyone could draw a bead on him.

If i hadn't spooked him he would have been in the car when a couple of pounds of tannerite and 5 gallons of unsed motor oil went up on top of it.:shock:

Last edited:

Vintage iron

I like the shift knob idea! I have found a screw driver, nail clippers and some fired brass in my M813. The mice will leave chocolate sprinkles in the cab once and a while too.

barefootin

you name it weve found it in cars at the garage. Snakes possums,cats,rats and I mean the industrial kind you find up in the big city. Theres nothing funnier than to watch a coworker upside down under a dash start screaming like a lil girl and about break their neck trying to get out of the car. My last one was a 2-1/2 ft black snake curled around the rear axle when I pulled the wheel. Took him out and threw him in a tree.
CT
I've had a skunk make a smelly mess of our one car when it got caught in the fan and fan belt one brisk morning. I've found mice and snakes before in barn finds and other resto projects I've drug home, but the lizzard was just odd.

Now the question is, did the little bugger come from the Southern States or was he trying to get a ride to the USA

A

A/C Cages

I had the inlaws spend Xmas here, they got back to Iowa and there was 2 lizzards in their suitcase still alive. They put them into a old fish tank, and still have them 2 years later as pets.

Very common here in Fl. You cant step more then 5 feet without almost stepping on one.

CycleJay

Hello,

I have one question for the original poster..

Is the lizard dead? It sure does look dead.

ROFLMAO!!

(No need to answer, I can see it is dead, that was just my attempt at humor...)

Good night,

CJ

fireball

go to mickey d's, order a cheeseburger meal, take out the meat, insert the critter, leave it all sitting on the table with the tail sticking out. Go sit on the other side of the restaurant and watch the comotion. After the manager throws it out, approach the counter and tell them while you were in the bathroom someone threw out your lunch, the pained look on the managers face is priceless

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks