• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookie What Showed Up at Work Today...

spicergear

Canadian Military truck, Navistar, 395 XZL singles, BIG. Trucking company called asking if we had equipment to help the driver lose the third axle on the trailer so he could drive at night. He was only 75,000lbs. We pulled it and put it over the 5th wheel pin on the upper trailer deck. Yeah...I got several emails and text messages, "Is that your truck?" "Did you get a new truck?" LOL!

Attachments

KsM715

Good looking truck. I'm surprised though that they elected to only use one chain across the back rather than 2 crossed chains.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would look good "bobbed".:shock:

quickfarms

I thought you were supposed to use a minimum of 4 chains.

With a 5000 wll per chain and a 25000 pound load you would need at least 5 chains.

They are using 3

did they use USHIP and are get the idiots from the show shipping wars

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diamond

Duty Called, We answered.

Priceless, the Niece's hubby works for Diamond and just got me 'the shirt' today.

His love for them went away after spending a year replacing wiring harnesses on brand new trucks. Something about isolators, fire and the 12/24 volt system.

We'll be doing a photo shoot with the M135 and the new Diamonds soon.

Attachments

dittle

Actually with the way that they have the chain run through the eyelets it counts as 2 chains. Now they probably could have ran it a little differently to make it a more safe way of doing it but he does have "4" sections of chains holding it down so in the eyes of the DOT he is legal.

L1A1

Not sure if it was exactly that truck but, there was one of those sitting on a lowboy behind the sheetz in town (VA) yesterday morning.
Matt

dittle

Perfect example of how they could have tied it down safer using only the 1 chain on the back. My deuce is only being tied down with 2 chains total but due to how the chain is actually being implemented it counts as 4 chains. Just for the doubters this is 100% legal.

Attachments

KsM715

Perfect example of how they could have tied it down safer using only the 1 chain on the back. My deuce is only being tied down with 2 chains total but due to how the chain is actually being implemented it counts as 4 chains. Just for the doubters this is 100% legal.
Thats the way it should be done if you only have one chain. That way if one side breaks, the other is still secured. The way they have it, if it breaks, the whole a** end of that truck is loose.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually with the way that they have the chain run through the eyelets it counts as 2 chains. Now they probably could have ran it a little differently to make it a more safe way of doing it but he does have "4" sections of chains holding it down so in the eyes of the DOT he is legal.
He is NOT legal according to DOT. They require at least 4 separate tie downs on rolling stock. Running it through the eyes DOES NOT count as 2. Each tie down consists of one chain and one binder. Ask me how I know.....

Vintage iron

New International trucks are pure crap! They are truly 13 letter sh*t spreaders now! Good luck getting into the cab when those gas tank strap steps get ripped off. They can handle life on civilian trucks. I wonder if they have Internationals great electronic air-ride seat?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks