• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookie What Showed Up at Work Today...

spicergear

I'm guessing the bed is about 18'- 20' long. It has three drop side sections per side which is also nice and manageable.

That guys trailer also looks like he can extend the lenght of it to accomodate for longer loads. Notice the gap in the deck at the by the rear tires of the load.

M1031CMT

DND has its own plates for trucks up here. Not sure what the truck was doing down in PA, but it was probably there as part of some sort of training.

These trucks are basically just something to tide over the military till they find a better replacement for the M35 series of trucks (called MLVW's around here). They have been trying to find something for a while and decided to get these in the mean time. I was told these truck were for use only in country and would not be used anywhere else.

They are pretty nice and would like to own one once they sell them off in around 25 years.

I added some pics I took of them when the first batch of trucks were being completed here in town. Last pic is of an artillery truck (they need a big cab due to the large artillery crews).

I see at least one a day around town. They have yards full of them.

Attachments

L1A1

DND has its own plates for trucks up here. Not sure what the truck was doing down in PA, but it was probably there as part of some sort of training.
If it's the same truck I saw and I pretty much think it was then it was further South then PA. As I live mid way down the Shenandoah valley in Va.
Matt

spicergear

The guy told me he loaded up in NC. That same night I had to go to upstate NY and took 81 to 84 to 87 to head up north of Albany...I saw a singled out FMTV truck (I think...looked like them and cab over type) in the form of a wrecker. If memory serves it had a crane like the M977's (prolly heavier) transverse mounted then the whole wrecker dealie. Neat truck!!! He was being hauled too.