• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at hmmwv for tow rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just because it's your own stuff doesn't make you immune to dot laws.
By making it military looking makes me cringe. I wonder if you wear acu's to complete the look....

You'll get stopped one of these days for blowing a scale...
Better tell that to all the deuces, 5 tons, Hmmwv's, trailers and all blowing past the Georgia scales on their way to the rally this year.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think it might get a bit harry in the curves. The front axle would most likely be light from the tongue weight. You could easily understeer in a wet roadway. If this turned out not to be the case, then you would have the opposite problem. The rear would be pushed by the trailer tongue and jackknife on a wet road. Although using a Humvee would look cool to others when you pull into the pits, it might be a bit much for it.

tage

Better tell that to all the deuces, 5 tons, Hmmwv's, trailers and all blowing past the Georgia scales on their way to the rally this year.
GA has a MV CDL exception.... The not for hire folks are skirting the dot #.
That said the 26,000lbs still applies... I would rather see a high class truck towing weight then a hmmwv... For everyone's safety.

The fact that you have Joes playing army is cringy. You jokers are going to kill someone. Does it hurt that much to get a class 8 truck that is cheaper then a hmmwv?

I guess so....

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do any of you fish? Cause you sure took the bait. I posted the BS HMMWV gooseneck stuff because I thought the original post was just as ridiculous. I get tired of stuff like that . Any spec you want to know is available for any military vehicle. HMMWVs are great for what they are designed for. If you want a tow rig buy one.

I have F750 medium duty truck. A M931a2 heavy duty and a 3500 dually for the small stuff. I even have a Class A non CDL license . I know something about towing. Would never do tow anything other than Hmmwv spec trailers with my HMMWV.

I will say if it’s your stuff on your rig DOT is not a problem if you have insurance and the proper license.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GA has a MV CDL exception.... The not for hire folks are skirting the dot #.
That said the 26,000lbs still applies... I would rather see a high class truck towing weight then a hmmwv... For everyone's safety.

The fact that you have Joes playing army is cringy. You jokers are going to kill someone. Does it hurt that much to get a class 8 truck that is cheaper then a hmmwv?

I guess so....
These are the same guys complaining about the roads but don't pay their share of road use taxes for the heavy loads they are hauling

tage

Do any of you fish? Cause you sure took the bait. I posted the BS HMMWV gooseneck stuff because I thought the original post was just as ridiculous. I get tired of stuff like that . Any spec you want to know is available for any military vehicle. HMMWVs are great for what they are designed for. If you want a tow rig buy one.

I have F750 medium duty truck. A M931a2 heavy duty and a 3500 dually for the small stuff. I even have a Class A non CDL license . I know something about towing. Would never do tow anything other than Hmmwv spec trailers with my HMMWV.

I will say if it’s your stuff on your rig DOT is not a problem if you have insurance and the proper license.
You need a ban...

Quinton

This kind of went out of control for a first post. But I think I got it you can tow a big wheel but that's it lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tage

I didn't realize you allowed spam, and shill comments...
Maybe it's the fact English is my second language...

I will have to remember that you guys are full of ****.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't realize you allowed spam, and shill comments...
Maybe it's the fact English is my second language...

I will have to remember that you guys are full of ****.
I called it out as satire, you kept on. I thought perhaps you were likewise returning the sarcasm. Given your outrage, I guess not. Especially the edit to add the last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks