• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking For A 40 FT Flat Bed Trailer

SasquatchSanta

I'm looking for a 40 or 45 foot X 8 foot wide flat bed trailer to haul and store my houseboat on.

What's the military designation for a 40 foot flat bed trailer?

Also, has anybody got any ideas as to market price?

I figure an 8 foot wide flat bed trailer will fix between the pontoons. A 9 foot wide trailer might fit --- I'll have to measure.

I'm going to install a 6-foot tongue with pintle hook on the front so I can use my deuce to put it in and out of the water. It doesn't have to be a very good trailer. Once it's on location it won't travel over two miles a year. The boat weights about 16,000 pounds.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think you're going to need a trailer lower to the ground than anything the Military uses to load a houseboat on. The only Military flatbed trailers I know of that are 40' long are semi-trailers. Way too high for a boat trailer.

I'd say the cheapest route would be to find a couple of beams and axles and fab one up.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M270 is the 40' gooseneck semitrailer used behind the 5 ton tractor wrecker. Capy is 12 tons. You would need a dolly converter to use with a deuce. These come up on GSA a lot, price $2500. Deck is way up there at 48. Width is 96.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks