• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking For A 40 FT Flat Bed Trailer

SasquatchSanta

I'm looking for a 40 or 45 foot X 8 foot wide flat bed trailer to haul and store my houseboat on.

What's the military designation for a 40 foot flat bed trailer?

Also, has anybody got any ideas as to market price?

I figure an 8 foot wide flat bed trailer will fix between the pontoons. A 9 foot wide trailer might fit --- I'll have to measure.

I'm going to install a 6-foot tongue with pintle hook on the front so I can use my deuce to put it in and out of the water. It doesn't have to be a very good trailer. Once it's on location it won't travel over two miles a year. The boat weights about 16,000 pounds.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think you're going to need a trailer lower to the ground than anything the Military uses to load a houseboat on. The only Military flatbed trailers I know of that are 40' long are semi-trailers. Way too high for a boat trailer.

I'd say the cheapest route would be to find a couple of beams and axles and fab one up.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M270 is the 40' gooseneck semitrailer used behind the 5 ton tractor wrecker. Capy is 12 tons. You would need a dolly converter to use with a deuce. These come up on GSA a lot, price $2500. Deck is way up there at 48. Width is 96.