• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

KD

Hey Guys,

Anybody know where I can find a good rear drive shaft for an M1008 CUCV pickup? I got shorted one from a GL purchase. My fault for not checking...and I knew better.
Loc. central IN.

Thanks.

God Bless our Troops!

KD

Armada

If you can't come up with a used one, you could always have one built.
I can give you the contact info of a great place near me if you get to that point.

CCATLETT1984

pull the driveshaft from a 1ton k30 civilian pickup. It should be fairly easy to find at a junkyard. but your best bet would be to have one made. rear shafts are cheap and it will be perfectly balanced.

rizzo

Re: RE: Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

CCATLETT1984 said:
pull the driveshaft from a 1ton k30 civilian pickup. It should be fairly easy to find at a junkyard. but your best bet would be to have one made. rear shafts are cheap and it will be perfectly balanced.

I agree

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

GM part #14067762 with 208 xfer and 14020403 with 205 xfer

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

Interesting thought. I wonder if there were more K30s than D30s. Seems like more D30s these days. I know I bought a new K30 in 86 and it was an odd truck to see on the road.

wyliek

to save some $$ w/ getting a driveshaft built you can bring an old one in and they will reuse the yokes, slip, flanges, etc I recently the length changed on a shaft I had for about $100...my 2cents

Wylie

KD

Thanks guys,

I found one off a civi truck, although not as heavy as the original, the truck moves under it's own power now...which is much cooler than towing it around. I like the Paramore deal for a new one, I will check with him and see what he has. Maybe I can catch a snow bird coming back north next spring.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

KD

God Bless our Troops!