• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

KD

Hey Guys,

Anybody know where I can find a good rear drive shaft for an M1008 CUCV pickup? I got shorted one from a GL purchase. My fault for not checking...and I knew better.
Loc. central IN.

Thanks.

God Bless our Troops!

KD

Armada

If you can't come up with a used one, you could always have one built.
I can give you the contact info of a great place near me if you get to that point.

CCATLETT1984

pull the driveshaft from a 1ton k30 civilian pickup. It should be fairly easy to find at a junkyard. but your best bet would be to have one made. rear shafts are cheap and it will be perfectly balanced.

rizzo

Re: RE: Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

CCATLETT1984 said:
pull the driveshaft from a 1ton k30 civilian pickup. It should be fairly easy to find at a junkyard. but your best bet would be to have one made. rear shafts are cheap and it will be perfectly balanced.

I agree

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

GM part #14067762 with 208 xfer and 14020403 with 205 xfer

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Looking for an M1008 CUCV rear drive shaft

Interesting thought. I wonder if there were more K30s than D30s. Seems like more D30s these days. I know I bought a new K30 in 86 and it was an odd truck to see on the road.

wyliek

to save some $$ w/ getting a driveshaft built you can bring an old one in and they will reuse the yokes, slip, flanges, etc I recently the length changed on a shaft I had for about $100...my 2cents

Wylie

KD

Thanks guys,

I found one off a civi truck, although not as heavy as the original, the truck moves under it's own power now...which is much cooler than towing it around. I like the Paramore deal for a new one, I will check with him and see what he has. Maybe I can catch a snow bird coming back north next spring.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

KD

God Bless our Troops!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks