• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for another Iltis

Itchy

Newbie here. I have an Iltis in New Brunswick, but I am in Alberta and want to head south, not east. Therefore I need another Iltis.

I have driven old Land Rovers for years, but they would not do what the Iltis will! Check link.

Island Hill Road via Iltis hoodcam - YouTube

I plan to use it as a toad, behind my old motorhome, for my invasion of Mexico in November.:)

Anybody got a lead that wont break the bank?

Itchy

That is an old gov't road in New Brunswick. The last time that I went thru there was about 20 yrs. ago with a "74 Land Rover. The beavers hadn't been there then.

saddamsnightmare

October 23rd, 2012.

Pretty impressive video, probably too narrow for a Unimog, though. What post submersion work, when you take an Iltis that deep, do you have to do to get the vehicle in roadworthy condition, do you have to do afterwards?:?

B3.3T

If you are planning on towing an Iltis behind an camper, don't. You can't flat tow an Iltis; the transaxles will vibrate apart and self destruct. We've owned four; three VW and one Bombardier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks