• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for another Iltis

Itchy

Newbie here. I have an Iltis in New Brunswick, but I am in Alberta and want to head south, not east. Therefore I need another Iltis.

I have driven old Land Rovers for years, but they would not do what the Iltis will! Check link.

Island Hill Road via Iltis hoodcam - YouTube

I plan to use it as a toad, behind my old motorhome, for my invasion of Mexico in November.:)

Anybody got a lead that wont break the bank?

Itchy

That is an old gov't road in New Brunswick. The last time that I went thru there was about 20 yrs. ago with a "74 Land Rover. The beavers hadn't been there then.

saddamsnightmare

October 23rd, 2012.

Pretty impressive video, probably too narrow for a Unimog, though. What post submersion work, when you take an Iltis that deep, do you have to do to get the vehicle in roadworthy condition, do you have to do afterwards?:?

B3.3T

If you are planning on towing an Iltis behind an camper, don't. You can't flat tow an Iltis; the transaxles will vibrate apart and self destruct. We've owned four; three VW and one Bombardier.