• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M37 Owner from Weare Rally

WarrenD

At the Weare, NH Rally last weekend, I spoke briefly to an M37 owner who had installed a "plastic" cooling fan in his M37. I'm interested in a part number, so if anyone knows who he is or how I can contact him, please speak up.
TIA

Truck had NH Antique plates, I may have a photo of the plate if needed.

WarrenD

He claimed better cooling and a 3mpg gain probably due to lighter weight. I ran a fan with flexible blades in my 72 Nova years ago and it did get me a mpg boost.

Last edited:

WarrenD

An electric fan at 24V can't be cheap if they even exist. I'd like to retain a somewhat original look.

Tanner

... and plastic fans look 'original'?

Warren, I'd say that you're jousting at windmills if you believe that a fan change will increase fuel economy. And I have to call 'bull-fritters' on a 3mpg gain due to a fan swap. I'm an analytical, details, 'show me the proof in numbers' kinda guy, not one that believes in fuel economy improvement numbers generated by the 'Levi's dyno'... :-| Where's the irrefutable empirical evidence that proves this 3mpg gain?

You don't gain a 20-25% fuel economy increase on a Dodge flathead with a fan change.

As always, your mileage may vary...

'Tanner'

WarrenD

Tanner, I'm not sayin' I buy it, but it did work on my old Chevy and it's worth at least a minutes research. I agree, not likely to get 3mpg from just a fan.

crazywelder72

i was shocked reading this to imagine a 3mpg improvement just from swapping the fan material. Thats why i mentioned the electric, at least that way their is zero load on the crank.

:deadhorse:

If you got a dual fan radiator kit you could rewire it in series for 24 volt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks