• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M37 Owner from Weare Rally

WarrenD

At the Weare, NH Rally last weekend, I spoke briefly to an M37 owner who had installed a "plastic" cooling fan in his M37. I'm interested in a part number, so if anyone knows who he is or how I can contact him, please speak up.
TIA

Truck had NH Antique plates, I may have a photo of the plate if needed.

WarrenD

He claimed better cooling and a 3mpg gain probably due to lighter weight. I ran a fan with flexible blades in my 72 Nova years ago and it did get me a mpg boost.

Last edited:

WarrenD

An electric fan at 24V can't be cheap if they even exist. I'd like to retain a somewhat original look.

Tanner

... and plastic fans look 'original'?

Warren, I'd say that you're jousting at windmills if you believe that a fan change will increase fuel economy. And I have to call 'bull-fritters' on a 3mpg gain due to a fan swap. I'm an analytical, details, 'show me the proof in numbers' kinda guy, not one that believes in fuel economy improvement numbers generated by the 'Levi's dyno'... :-| Where's the irrefutable empirical evidence that proves this 3mpg gain?

You don't gain a 20-25% fuel economy increase on a Dodge flathead with a fan change.

As always, your mileage may vary...

'Tanner'

WarrenD

Tanner, I'm not sayin' I buy it, but it did work on my old Chevy and it's worth at least a minutes research. I agree, not likely to get 3mpg from just a fan.

crazywelder72

i was shocked reading this to imagine a 3mpg improvement just from swapping the fan material. Thats why i mentioned the electric, at least that way their is zero load on the crank.

:deadhorse:

If you got a dual fan radiator kit you could rewire it in series for 24 volt.