• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for Whistler Turbo

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech, Witch turbo is on the engine your going to install in your truck? does it have the waste gate? I have a "C" that i'd be happy to swap you for it. I have a stock "C" and i have a "C" that i've modified for more air flow. Take your pick. PM me.

Blythewoodjoe

Napa part number 21470 for the muffler. Manstein, do you have all the stuff to put a turbo on the truck except the turbo?

I will try to put a picture of my muffler installation on here later if anyone wants to see it. The muffler cost me almost $90 after freight and tax. I am planning on putting a couple of band type clamps on it later, all they had in stock was the u bolt type.

Joe Trapp

No.2Diesel

Thats a neat idea Westech. And sounds relatively simple. You should post pics of your "plumbing." What injectors will you run and what hp/tq increases are you guessing this will add? Are going to have to relocate the air cleaner box etc.?

Oh yeah....I enjoy my C turbo. You should see some people's faces when I go by. They scrunch up like there sucking on a lemon, cringe and take a few steps back. And this is going 10mph!

Westech

CPL
Going to use the stock exhaust (with a Y pipe added) and not going to change the injectors. I already have the 5 ton pump on the motor. I dont thing the HP will be much just trying to keep the EGT's down.

houdel

Manstein said:
Right now, the only thing I have is the overwhelming desire.
Well, I've got the rest of the pieces. I bought an engine from GL, it had a C turbo and I sold the turbo. I still have the intake manifold elbow, slobber tube, oil lines & odd parts and fasteners to completely install a turbo on a non turbo truck. All I don't have is the big "C" shaped air pipe and couplings that run from the air filer to the turbo inlet.

BEASTMASTER

you guys sound like a bunch of pansies.i've been driving rigs since 1964 and everyone i put a straight stack on. :cookoo: you've got to hear the engine to feel the power

spicergear

My CAT V8 deuce is probably one of the loudest deuces on the planet. I thought I'd be slick and go with no muffler and even add a stack for nice true duals. Problem is my CAT is non-turbo. The turbo on a multifuel is actually, technically considers by some inspections laws as a "...muffling device." I have no muffling device but I do have 17:1 compression and 636 cubes coming a hellin' out the exhaust. With soft ear plugs it sounds pretty good! Without them...cannot get to speed and ears ring afterwards. I was just driving around a stock deuce tonight...there is NO comparison.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't it hard to grab the shifter with your ear......?
I shift my ear as well. Not too hard to grab the shifter but the 4th to 5th shift is hard on the face when it hits the dash.

bottleworks

Blythewoodjoe said:
I bet some sound absorbing material on the inside of the roof in my hard top would help a lot. I would also think under the hood, I mean the literal hood would help a lot too.
I guess I should have said that. I do have the underside of the hood insulated and the inside of the firewall. So that, plus the muffler makes the sound level good. I don't wear hear protection anymore...But I have been told my hearing is not the best.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would guess it is long gone since this thread is 10 years old
My C turbo is for sale but you have to buy the whole truck, it is still 100% just like it was built by Jeep in 1969. I think it sounds like military, nothing in the Army is quiet, not back then anyway. The truck serves just fine as it is.

what does it take to feed a tank?
three trucks, four trucks? and round and round they go.
tanks ain't quiet and civilians wanted less smoke Not is a war zone so had to be ready for anything
C is good D is good, just get the job done

but why take an original and change it from primary purpose?

Last edited: