• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to give my 1028 a 6.5 turbo/4L80E a heart transplant....

richingalveston

Have you been having to pay shipping both ways like I did?
I won't give them a third try. If they can't get it right out of the box twice, I will never trust it on the road.

good luck.
Rich

Have you been having to pay shipping both ways like I did?
I won't give them a third try. If they can't get it right out of the box twice, I will never trust it on the road.

good luck.
Rich
Heck no! They paid to fetch and return both times. This is their last chance...the techs are really nice, but slow as molasses. They kept telling me "These things have a less than 1% failure rate..." It's my personal experience, but they're running a 200% fail rate. I sure hope it works this time.

Whew - I finally got my trans sorted out...third time was the charm with the EZ-TCU. Oh, and the TCI system only works with the "new style" internal harness. If you have the old 4L80E harness, it throws temp fault codes and won't come out of recovery mode (2nd gear only). It cost me an arm and a leg (had to enlist help of a trans place after I hit several walls), but ****ed if Merle doesn't drive like a new truck. It's absolutely amazing what a change it makes. Was it a royal PITA that took almost 3 months? Yup...but now that it works, it was almost worth it. Now, I'm going to be drinking cheap beer for a while or selling plasma to get the $hekels together to add the turbo!

av8rnik

Well the turbo will seem like less of a PITA now...I just finished up my turbo install, just havent gotten around to writing anything up yet. Glad the truck is back up and running though.

av8rnik

I would recommend getting new bolts for the IP cover when you go to turn up the fuel...I say that because I snapped one of them, the end result was replacing the IP. I don't remember the size off hand but can get it if you want it.

After almost 3 years of loyal service, my 4L80E gave up the ghost. I loaned my truck to my sister back in late May so she could help set up some jumps and get stuff prepped for a horse show my niece was riding in. She kept the truck for 3 months (horse show season) and absolutely fell in love with him. I finally pried him out of her hands on Sunday, and she mentioned he wouldn't go in to reverse... and he was really hunting for gears. Uh oh... yup - she somehow fried my trans. I took him to the local transmission shop, and they confirmed it. I will be eating PB&J for the next year to afford this mess up. Sigh....poorer and wiser now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks