• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loose Ground Wire Passenger Side Engine Harness

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need help Identifying a loose wire on my M1028A2. It looks like a ground wire to me and I don't see any obvious place it should be attached. The wire is coming out of the passenger side engine harness near the firewall right over the rear most injector.

I checked wiring diagrams in TM 9-2320-289-20 and the engine wiring harness replacement section in TM 9-2320-289-34. Page 4-80 in the -34 TM has a picture of the harness but does not show this wire coming out.

If somebody can have a look under the hood and tell me where it goes I would appreciate it.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What color is it?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at my truck and it goes to the middle of the bottom buss bar(ground).

It looked black, but I was looking at it from infront of the truck.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the schematics, it looks to be the ground wire for the glow plug temp sensor for the glow plug controller card.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked my M1009 and mine also attaches to the Ground Buss Bar behind the rear battery

Does you GP system work?

Looking thru the wiring diagrams, it looks like the GP Controller Ground. It might be the Diagnostic port but not likely. I will have to verify that later.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And you are supposed to be faster now that your a supermoderator...:doghead:

BTW, Nice highlighted schematic. That beats my fast reply.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After wiping the dirt off it is black and the glow plug system does work. The glow plugs cycle once for about 2 seconds after the engine starts and I can see the voltmeter drop. I can also hear it cycle before I start the engine and there's no exhaust smoke after it starts (of course it's 85 degrees F, so it may not matter if they work).

Thanks for the quick replys. :beer:

erniemigi

Not wanting to step on any ones toes or say your wrong but need to ask this question to Tow4, do you have a ground wire already mounted near the wheel well area, just in between the front and rear battery down low, just asking cause i have one that runs to that area that looks just like that

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
do you have a ground wire already mounted near the wheel well area, just in between the front and rear battery down low, just asking cause i have one that runs to that area that looks just like that
Can you post a picture of it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks