• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lots of exhaust from crankcase breather

99nouns

Am having to delay my planes to invade Canada until get her running right again.
You got multiple planes and you are planning to invade Canada? I think we have a national security issue here... cough... cough, but I still cant figure out how does that relate to truck... (LOL)

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did not get to the oil pan today, but did look at the bigger chunks that were in my oil. They are non magnetic, smooth on one side, rough on the other. Some are up to 1/2" long and all seem to be just a bit over 1/4" wide, thickest piece is .09. Lots of fines of course, the 1/4 width seems to be the original size. Sorry no pics, maybe can get the wife to post them when she's not mad at me (don't hold your breath). Any guesses?
Rings would be magnetic, I'd say. Curved pieces?

47to70

You got multiple planes and you are planning to invade Canada? I think we have a national security issue here... cough... cough, but I still cant figure out how does that relate to truck... (LOL)
Sorry for the miss-spell, don't have my own Air Force, the Deuce is my only assault vehicle. Still working on pics.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
25 or 6 to 4
47to70 found out really quick how to post pictures for you all
so now you all got to help.............................
ask for more pictures for diagnosis

Pull pan
determine which cylinder
repair one each?
Maybe one head remove/replace?

I got heads if he wants
insufficient data for synopsis now

Last edited:

47to70

25 or 6 to 4
Why does 47to70 remind me of that other thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUAYeN3Rp2E

47to70 found out really quick how to post pictures for you all
so now you all got to help.............................
ask for more pictures for diagnosis

Pull pan
determine which cylinder
repair one each?
Maybe one head remove/replace?

I got heads if he wants
insufficient data for synopsis now

(head hung low) my wife did it for me....................

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
One of the greatest things in the world is to have a Wife more smart than the Husband
If you don't believe then try it out with one not so smart as you.

Take two to tango, You got it made

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(head hung low) my wife did it for me....................
47to70 glad to see your keeping a sense of humor. Usually when I see piston ring and skirt pieces in the oil pan, not only is the piston damaged but the sleeve as well. Also if your going to drop the pan, jack up the frame a bit so the oil pan will clear the front axle diff. when you remove it.

47to70

47to70 glad to see your keeping a sense of humor. Usually when I see piston ring and skirt pieces in the oil pan, not only is the piston damaged but the sleeve as well. Also if your going to drop the pan, jack up the frame a bit so the oil pan will clear the front axle diff. when you remove it.

Rodger.................thanks for the tip.................

Jericho

Bad news all the way around Probably a good time to ask. Is there a good reliable quality rebuilder out there for the engine. A top to bottom job. When I send an Engine out for rebuild I want everything done vat dipped new bearings new sleeves valve guides new valves , seals and a good fresh paint job. Or is it better to find a gl rebuild and drive to pick it up

47to70

Bad news all the way around Probably a good time to ask. Is there a good reliable quality rebuilder out there for the engine. A top to bottom job. When I send an Engine out for rebuild I want everything done vat dipped new bearings new sleeves valve guides new valves , seals and a good fresh paint job. Or is it better to find a gl rebuild and drive to pick it up
Yes, that would be the right way to do it, but don't want to put more into the old gal than she is worth.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
47to70, I'm sure you'll find that some of the membership here might have some good running takeout engines. It'll save you some money over a complete rebuild, and you'll have a solid good running engine.