• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Love my CUCV and so does everyone else.

K9Vic

What transfer case does it have. NP205 (4L-N-2H-4H) or NP208 (2H-4H-N-4L)?

NP205 = M1031 & M1028A1 has the PTO for the generator.

My M1031 does have a "B" on the third digit in the VIN.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who don't follow the VIN cards, the letter "B" denotes incomplete vehicle (cab/chassis).

Attachments

Last edited:

penokeevet

Congrats on the Horse Logging Swamp Rooster. A friend of mine (deceased) logged out of the Park Falls area for many years - ran 3 crews, skidders/slashers/trucking, etc. I recall him telling me that everything had gotten so expensive and complicated the he felt he could get rid of everything and go Horse Logging himself and be just as well off. He started logging with his father in the 50,s with Horses and always had a soft spot for Horses. He kept 2 on his farm, as pets. He'd go to Horse Auctions in IA, but stopped after the horses were all going to the Fareast to be slaughtered for food. Broke his heart. I've got an M1008, picked it up at Ft. McCoy a few years back. Retired in the Hurley/Ironwood area. If you see a M1008 with a star on the door driving by give a Honk, Penokee:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks